The Eldritch nightmare staff is a staff requiring level 75 Magic and 50 Hitpoints to wield. It is only available from the tournament supplies table in a tournament world as a test weapon for players. It is one of the proposed rewards for Nightmare of Ashihama. It can autocast offensive standard spells as well as Ancient Magicks.
A player performing the eldritch nightmare staff's special attack, Invocate
The eldritch nightmare staff has a special attack, Invocate, that consumes 75% of the player's special attack energy to hit the target for a high amount of damage, and restores the caster's prayer points by 50% of the damage dealt. Invocate can boost the caster's prayer points above their prayer level (like the ancient mace), up to a maximum of 120.
The base damage for Invocate is scaled based on the player's Magic level, ranging from 39 at level 75 to 50 at level 99, which can be increased with magic damage boosting items. At level 99, the maximum possible hit is 62, or 70 while on a Slayer task.
As the weapon is being tested, the special attack animation uses a recoloured animation of Claws of Guthix as a placeholder.
|5 December 2019
- The staff now has an additional requirement of 50 Hitpoints to wield.
- Invocate's animation was updated; the wielder now uses a unique attack animation, rather than the attack animation used when casting Ancient Magicks.
- The idle animation when wielding the staff has been changed, with the chain now slightly swinging about.
|29 November 2019
The following changes were made:
- The base damage for Invocate now scales based on the player's Magic level rather than a flat 44 base damage.
- Invocate now hits two ticks after it is cast. To accommodate this change, Invocate's animation was updated to no longer have a projectile; previously, it used the projectile animation of Vorkath's magic attack.
- Players can no longer use Invocate to boost their prayer points via a combat dummy.
- The amount of prayer points boosted now caps at 120 prayer points rather than at 155, the highest amount possible.