|Released||23 September 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||Roar! A dragon!|
|XP bonus||? (edit)|
|Max hit||Melee (slash): 8|
With antidragon shield: 13
|Attack style||Melee, Magic, Dragonfire|
|+0||+0||+0||+0%||Not immune||Not immune|
Elvarg is a green dragon, and is considerably stronger than her usual kind. She is the dragon that players have to kill in the Dragon Slayer quest in the dungeon below Crandor. Unlike other chromatic dragons, Elvarg has a ranged dragonfire attack.
Elvarg was confirmed to be female in the 16th Postbag from the Hedge, by such quotes as "She wouldn't 'a had second thoughts about roasting yer with her breath… and That's what she done to Crandor, after all…"
She can be fought in the Nightmare Zone after the quest is complete. An anti-dragon shield is provided in the arena. Elvarg will always drop Dragon bones when killed in the arena and will lower stats if you have insufficient dragonfire protection.
History[edit | edit source]
Elvarg was created by the Dragonkin during the Dragonkin Conflicts when the Dragonkin needed to defend themselves from humans, who refused to distinguish peaceful and aggressive dragonkin. Zorgoth and other unnamed Dragonkin worked on creating dragons with increased aggression. The first of these experiments took place underneath Crandor, where they successfully created a green dragon with heightened aggression. This dragon was Elvarg, although she was eventually abandoned by her creators, making her home in the underground system underneath the island.
Elvarg went into a deep slumber, until the year 139 of the Fifth Age when a Crandorian adventurer discovered the cave system and explored the area, eventually stumbling into Elvarg's chamber. The adventurer roused her from her sleep, and she torched them in retaliation before leaving the caverns and torched Crandor completely, its inhabitants not having any sort of dragonfire protection to fight back. Crandorian survivors made a small camp near Rimmington, but Elvarg pursued them and killed most of the survivors, with only three mages able to escape; Melzar, Lozar and Thalzar, each of whom split a map to the island and went their separate ways. The human kingdoms of Misthalin were on high alert, worried she might devastate the continent, but fortunately she returned to her chamber on the island.
During the year 169 of the Fifth Age, an adventurer who entered the Champions' Guild looked for a quest; the Guildmaster told them to speak to Oziach, who in turn told them to slay Elvarg. The adventurer acquired equipment, including an anti-dragon shield from Duke Horacio, and the map from the three mages (two of which had died, while the other went insane), a ship, and a captain who was not intimidated by her reputation. They soon came upon the chamber where Elvarg was, and successfully slew her after a grueling battle, ripping her head off as proof of her demise.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
An anti-dragon shield should be equipped before fighting Elvarg. As Elvarg is weak to stab attacks, a rune sword is recommended as it possesses the highest stab bonus in F2P. A rune scimitar, rune battleaxe or rune mace are effective. Good-quality armour is a must; preferably adamant armour or better. Foods such as lobsters or better are optimal for fighting her.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If a player chooses not to wield an anti-dragon shield, Elvarg's dragonfire can deal up to 65 damage.
- Being struck by her dragonfire attack without either an anti-dragon shield or antifire potion can drastically reduce Combat and Prayer stats.
- Members can drink an Antifire potion so that her fiery breath attack's damage is reduced. If combined with an anti-dragon shield, her dragonfire damage is significantly mitigated.
- Standing close within her melee range could reduce the number of times she will use her dragonfire attack, as she may choose to attack with melee instead, which has a lower max hit.
- If you happen to die, the next time you return to the fight, her health will be the same as you left her.
- Make sure to open up Karamja's secret entrance to Crandor (By activating the wall south of Elvarg's Arena) so you can recover your equipment faster in case you die.
Drops[edit | edit source]
100%[edit | edit source]
|Dragon bones||1||Always[d 1]||2,957||96|
- Only in Nightmare Zone
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being a dragon, Elvarg is not vulnerable to dragonbane weapons.
|Greater demon||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Black dragon|