Elysian spirit shield
|Elysian spirit shield|
|Released||16 October 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||An ethereal shield with an elysian sigil attached to it.|
|High alch||1,200,000 coins|
|Low alch||800,000 coins|
|Exchange||954,925,172 coins (info)|
The elysian spirit shield requires 75 Defence and 75 Prayer to wield. The shield is made by attaching an elysian sigil, a rare drop from the Corporeal Beast, to a blessed spirit shield. This process requires 90 Prayer and 85 Smithing. Players without the required skill levels to create the shield may ask Abbot Langley in the Edgeville Monastery to combine the sigil and the blessed spirit shield, for a fee of 1,500,000 coins.
This shield has superior Melee and Ranged defence bonuses compared to the arcane and spectral spirit shields, as well as a powerful passive effect. In terms of mitigating damage taken, the elysian spirit shield is one of the most powerful shields in Old School RuneScape.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Blessed spirit shield||1||721,505|
|Elysian spirit shield||1||954,925,172|
- Due to Grand Exchange prices changing based on trade volume, this profit may not be fully accurate if the components are infrequently traded.
Passive effect[edit | edit source]
The elysian spirit shield has a 70% chance of reducing the damage the player receives by 25%; on average, this results in a 17.5% overall damage reduction. The passive effect stacks with the Justiciar armour set effect.
If damage would have been taken when the effect activates, a minimum of 1 is reduced, even if the original hit would have been 1. This makes the shield especially useful against monsters such as the Kraken as its tentacles only have a maximum hit of 2 yet hit often.
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|14 June 2018
|The elysian spirit shield, along with the others, was made slightly clearer in-game. Female characters also now have their own unique model, reducing the distance between the shields and their bodies.|
|18 February 2017
(update | poll)
|The passive effect now works against more damage sources, particularly those that can bypass protection prayers.|
|20 November 2014
(update | poll)
|A small animation will now play when the passive effect occurs.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original incarnation of the elysian spirit shield in RuneScape 2 did not feature a unique animation when the passive effect occurred.
- The shield's name is a reference to the Elysian Fields in Greek mythology.
- When Nieve is killed during Monkey Madness II, the player has the opportunity to retrieve her elysian spirit shield, however those who do soon find out that it has crumbled to dust and is useless.
- When attaching an elysian sigil to a blessed spirit shield, the shield becomes lighter in weight. This trait is not shared with its arcane and spectral variants.