Ensouled heads are items that can be dropped by their respective monsters. These heads can be reanimated by using the appropriate spell within the Arceuus spellbook on the head. Each reanimated monster killed will give the player Arceuus favour and Prayer experience, with increasing favour and experience as the Magic requirement to reanimate the monster increases.
The reanimation spells can be cast anywhere across Gielinor only if the ensouled head is obtained as a drop from the respective monster, and using it within a certain time frame in the area. The spell must be cast on the head when it is on the ground; if you pick it up and cast the spell in your inventory, you will get the message stating to go to the Dark Altar to do that. Dropping the ensouled head after picking it up results in the same message.
Players who do the following will have to cast the reanimation spells within range of the Dark Altar:
- Obtaining ensouled heads via trading with other players
- Waiting too long before casting the spell within the area where the ensouled head was obtained
Ensouled heads[edit | edit source]
For information about the cost per experience, see Calculator:Prayer/Ensouled heads
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 18 Jan 2016. Mod Kieren: "Fair few people asking about ensouled head drop rates... Here you go! "
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 15 Jun 2016. Mod Ash: "1/28 for the head. They don't drop dragon longswords."
- Only works for Hill Giant tasks, regardless of the type of giant the head was obtained from.