Enter the Abyss
|Enter the Abyss|
|Release date||13 June 2005 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Mage of Zamorak at the end of the River Lum in the Wilderness (Roams levels 4-7).|
|Description||In the Abyss miniquest, the player helps the Zamorakians access the rune essence mines so that they can craft their own runes. Previously, it had been a Saradominist secret, but the Mage of Zamorak asks for the player's help in learning it.|
|Official length||Short – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting off[edit | edit source]
- Follow the River Lum near Edgeville until you reach the Mage of Zamorak, or travel north over the Wilderness ditch; he wanders around Level 4-7 Wilderness. Talk to him, and he will explain to you that it is too dangerous to talk in the Wilderness.
Note: If you are wearing any Saradomin or Guthix items, the mage will NOT speak with you. Therefore, it is best to unequip any and all god related items (with the exception of Zamorakian items) before starting a conversation with the mage of Zamorak. Simply putting the items in your inventory is enough, so you don't need to bank them.
- Ask him where he gets his runes from when the question is available. He will tell you about the Abyss and that he is having problems. Say that you will help him.
Getting the readings[edit | edit source]
- He will then give you a scrying orb. He will explain that you need to travel to the rune essence mine from three different locations with the orb in your inventory. This will give the scrying orb readings of where you travelled from and how you got there.
- Travel to the rune essence mines from three of the five locations.
- It is suggested you travel from Aubury in Varrock, Archmage Sedridor in the basement of the Wizards' Tower (south of Draynor Village) and Wizard Cromperty in East Ardougne (northeast of the marketplace).
- One may also travel from Brimstail at his cave southwest of the Grand Tree or Wizard Distentor at the Wizards' Guild.
- When you are done, go back to the chaos temple in Varrock. Speak to the Zamorakian Mage, and he will give you 1,000 Runecraft experience, an abyssal book and a small pouch, used to hold 3 rune essence. Speak to him again, asking "So what is this 'abyss' stuff?" He will tell you to talk to him in the wilderness to be teleported to the Abyss, and you complete the miniquest.
- You must speak to the Mage of Zamorak after finishing the quest in order to enter the Abyss otherwise he will tell you to talk to him again in Varrock when you try to teleport in the Wilderness.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Ability to enter the Abyss
- 1,000 Runecraft Runecraft experience
- A small pouch (able to carry 3 pure essence or rune essence)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of the Abyss miniquest is required for the following:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If one asks to be teleported from Varrock, the line "Beam me there, or whatever it is that you do!" appears. This is a reference to the phrase "Beam me up, Scotty" from the Star Trek television series.