Enter the Abyss
|Enter the Abyss|
|Released||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Order of Wizards, #2|
Enter the Abyss is a miniquest during which the player helps the Zamorakians access the rune essence mines so that they can craft their own runes. Previously it had been a Saradominist secret, but the Mage of Zamorak asks for the player's help in learning it.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Mage of Zamorak at the end of the River Lum in the Wilderness (Roams levels 4-7).|
|Description||In the Abyss miniquest, the player helps the Zamorakians access the rune essence mines so that they can craft their own runes. Previously, it had been a Saradominist secret, but the Mage of Zamorak asks for the player's help in learning it.|
|Official length||Very Short|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Warning: Hardcore Ironmen should be extremely cautious as the miniquest is started by travelling to level 4-7 Wilderness, with a chance of getting killed by other players.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting off[edit | edit source]
Note: If you are wearing any Saradomin or Guthix items, the mage will NOT speak with you. Therefore, it is best to unequip any and all god related items (with the exception of Zamorakian items) before starting a conversation with the mage of Zamorak. Simply putting the items in your inventory is enough, you don't need to bank them.
- Follow the River Lum near Edgeville until you reach the Mage of Zamorak, or travel north over the Wilderness ditch; he wanders around Level 4-7 Wilderness. Talk to him, and he will explain to you that it is too dangerous to talk in the Wilderness.
- Talk to the mage back in Varrock at the Zamorak chaos temple (south-east of Aubury's Rune Shop).
- Ask him where he gets his runes from when the question is available. He will tell you about the Abyss and that he is having problems. Say that you will help him.
Getting the readings[edit | edit source]
- He will then give you a scrying orb. He will explain that you need to travel to the rune essence mine from three different locations with the orb in your inventory. This will give the scrying orb readings of where you travelled from and how you got there.
- Travel to the rune essence mines from three of the five locations.
- It is suggested you travel from Aubury in Varrock, Archmage Archmage Sedridor in the basement of the Wizards' Tower (south of Draynor Village) and Wizard Cromperty in East Ardougne (north-east of the marketplace).
- One may also travel from Brimstail at his cave south-west of the Grand Tree or Wizard Distentor at the Wizards' Guild.
- When you are done, go back to the chaos temple in Varrock. Speak to the Zamorakian Mage, and will you complete the miniquest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Ability to enter the Abyss
- 1,000 Runecraft experience
- An abyssal book
- A small pouch (able to carry 3 pure essence or rune essence)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Enter the Abyss is required for the following:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|23 March 2022