|Released||29 November 2004 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
The Kingdom of Etceteria is the eastern island of a series of two islands making up Miscellania.
The island kingdom is ruled by Queen Sigrid, who was at war with King Vargas of the Kingdom of Miscellenia for 100 years prior to the player intervening in their politics. After the events of Throne of Miscellania, peace was established between the two monarchs. Immediately after, tensions rose again primarily due to the meddling of Fremennik kids, which were found out about and resolved by the player during the events of Royal trouble.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- A Spirit Tree can be grown in the Spirit Tree patch on Etceteria, providing the relevant quest and Farming level requirements have been met to grow and use it. This is the only direct transportation to Etceteria.
- A boat found off of the second most western dock in northern Rellekka sails to and from the dock on Miscellania (requires the completion of the quest The Fremennik Trials). The player will need to travel north and then east across the bridge to reach Etceteria. Players who've completed the Fremennik 2 Diaries can hop across the rocks connecting the dock and southern Etceteria.
- There is a Fairy ring (code CIP) to the north-west on Miscellania, which requires the completion of The Fremennik Trials in order to use.
- A charged Ring of wealth can be used to teleport to Miscellania, but only once Throne of Miscellania has been completed.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Bank[edit | edit source]
There is a bank north-east of the island.
Etceteria courtyard[edit | edit source]
Farming patches[edit | edit source]
There is a bush patch to the south west of the island and a spirit tree patch to the south east, both operating like any other patch of its type would throughout Gielinor, the former being one of the only ways the player can obtain resources on their own on the island. There are nearby vegetable and flower patches, but these are only used in kingdom management; players cannot grow or collect their own crops from them.
Miscellania and Etceteria Dungeon[edit | edit source]
There is an entrance to the Miscellania and Etceteria Dungeon behind the castle, close to the Spirit tree patch. This side of the dungeon is occupied by many Sea Snake Hatchlings and Sea Snake Youngs.
Managing your kingdom[edit | edit source]
Once the quest Royal Trouble has been completed, the Kingdom of Etceteria also begins working for the player.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Carpenter Kjallak, who is involved with hardwood trees for Managing Miscellania.
- Farmer Fromund, who is involved with farming for Managing Miscellania.
- A Fishmonger
- A Guard by the dungeon. Unlike most guards, this guard is a non-attackable NPC rather than an attackable monster.
- Rhazien, who will tend the bush farming patch for the player.
- A Tool leprechaun
- Yulf Squecks, a gnome who will tend the spirit tree patch for the player.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Two level 2 Skraelings in the market area.
- Level 2 Rabbits, west of the castle.
- Level 1 Chickens, in the courtyard and north of the castle.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
Digging next to the evergreen tree in front of the castle walls is the solution to the hard cryptic clue: And so on, and so on, and so on. Walking from the land of many unimportant things leads to a choice of paths.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|16 January 2014
Routefinding has been improved at Etceteria bank.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Etceteria" most likely comes from the Latin phrase "et cetera," meaning "and other things." This is possibly due to the fact that the island is aloof from the more common playable areas in RuneScape.
- The banker seems to wear the female version of the Armadyl pendant or the Pendant of lucien.
- The dungeon entrance prevents players from walking around the outside of the castle along its eastern wall. Players who are walking from the north can bypass this by entering the dungeon and immediately leaving it, as they will reappear south of the entrance. Players wishing to walk in the other direction cannot use this trick as exiting the dungeon always places the player on the south side of the entrance.