Evergreen trees can be chopped down to provide logs and 25 Woodcutting experience.
Buckets of sap can be acquired by using a knife on an evergreen tree while having a bucket in your inventory. This is required for The Eyes of Glouphrie and Icthlarin's Little Helper quests.
Evergreen trees can be found in the following locations:
Evergreen trees have the same mechanics as regular trees, giving logs and always depleting after one section cut. The tree respawns between 36–60 seconds, randomly, and is not influenced by world population.
The chance to successfully chop is affected by the axe used and Woodcutting level, better axes and a higher woodcutting level increases the likelihood of successfully receiving a log. Kandarin headgear 1 and above gives double logs when cutting them.
- Beaver – Evergreen trees have a chance to drop the beaver Woodcutting pet. At level 1 Woodcutting there is a 1 in 317,622 chance to receive the beaver and a 1 in 315,172 chance at level 99.
- Clue nest – Evergreen trees can drop all clue nests. At level 1 Woodcutting there is an approximately 1 in 3145 chance to receive an easy-elite clue nest and a 1 in 1596 chance at level 99. Beginner clue nests have a universal 1 in 1000 chance to be dropped.
- While evergreen trees drop clue nests, they do not drop any other type of bird nest.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 August 2019. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 13 April 2022. (Archived from the original on 17 April 2022.) Mod Ash: "Basic trees, whether evergreen-shaped or not, never offer those as far as I can see in their code. Hence my surprise when you said Settled got a seed that way. I think you're clear to update your ruleset."