|Released||31 January 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||It has a key hanging from its collar.|
|Not immune to poison||Not immune to venom|
Experiments can be found in the experiment cave which can be accessed during Creature of Fenkenstrain quest. They are accessed after the star amulet is placed on the easternmost memorial with the indent on it and then pushed to reveal their dungeon.
Due to having very high hit-points, low resistances to melee attacks and very weak attacks (rarely hitting above a 0), the level 25 experiments are popular for players wishing to train combat skills from 1-70.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Experiment Cave||25, 51||7||Maplink|
|Experiment Cave||25, 51||11||Maplink|
Variants[edit | edit source]
The level 51 experiment may only be killed during the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest in order to obtain the cavern key. If the player already has a cavern key in their inventory or if it has been used on the gate, they can no longer attack this experiment and instead receive the message "You don't have the heart to kill the poor creature again."
Drops[edit | edit source]
100%[edit | edit source]
|Cavern key||1||Always[d 1][d 2]||Not sold||0|
- Only dropped during Creature of Fenkenstrain
- Only dropped by Level 51 versions.
Other[edit | edit source]
|Experiment bone||1||1/4[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
- Experiment bones are only dropped during Rag and Bone Man II.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The half sheep half wolf experiment may refer to the saying A wolf in sheep's clothing. Or possibly 'sheep-dog'.
- The half man half spider is a reference to 'Spider-Man'.
- The half wolf and half woman is a reference to 'She-Wolf'.