It is recommended to bring all the required quest items with you from the start of the quest along with some food and the following teleports if possible: Varrock, Camelot, Ardougne, Falador, Edgeville (Amulet of glory), Al Kharid (Ring of dueling).
- Talk to Dimintheis in a house southeast of the east bank in Varrock and north of the fancy dress shop.
- Head to Catherby and talk to Caleb in the building north-east of the bank.
- Speak to him again and give him all the fish. Note: Ask of the whereabouts of the other crest parts, or you will not be able to progress!
- Speak to the Gem Trader in Al Kharid.
- Go north of the Gem Trader to the scorpion mining pit, and speak to the 'Man' with the yellow cape there (Avan).
The 'perfect' necklace and ring[edit | edit source]
- Head into the Dwarven Mine underneath Ice Mountain and run to the far most western end and speak to Boot.
- Teleport to Ardougne, head east and climb down the old ruin entrance to the Witchaven Dungeon near Witchaven and Ardougne ship port. (Labelled on the world map by the icon. You may need to defend yourself against some hellhounds, so come prepared).
- Enter the dungeon. Do not enter the wall to the east. There is a north room, a south room, and a locked eastern room that contains hellhounds and the perfect gold ore.
- To unlock the east gate:
- Go to the north and lift the lever outside (up)
- Then to the south room through the eastern door and lift that lever (up)
- Back north and pull the outer lever (down), enter and lift the inner lever (up)
- Exit the room and lift the lever (up)
- Enter the south room by the western door and lower the lever (down). Exit through the eastern door.
- Go into the hellhound room and mine 2 'perfect' gold ores. Their aggro range is short so try to zigzag through them. Anticipating hits will manageably yield the ores with a rune pickaxe.
- Go to a furnace (northern Lumbridge - use the home teleport) and smelt the ores into bars, then use the bars on the furnace again and make one 'perfect' ruby necklace and 'perfect' ruby ring. Be careful not to use make-all as it will make two rings or necklaces
- Go back to the 'Man' (Avan) and give him the jewelry to receive the second crest piece.
Chronozon is located next to the Earth Obelisk marked on the map.
- Teleport to Varrock (lumberyard teleport), and head north-east to the Jolly Boar Inn near the lumberyard (if you have completed the Enlightened Journey quest, you may find it quicker to use the Balloon system). Go upstairs and speak to Johnathon. Speak to him, and use your anti-poison on him to learn the location of the final crest piece.
- Prepare for the fight:
- Go to Edgeville or the small hut west of Varrock if you have a brass key to enter the Edgeville Dungeon.
- Head to the gate dividing the Wilderness from the rest of the dungeon.
- Travel slightly north, then make a left past the thugs and Chaos druids, through a second gate.
- Travel west, then south past the poison spiders and Black demons, where you will find and find Chronozon.
- Safespot him between the southern rocks. You may have to kill a poison spider first.
- You must successfully cast each blast spell on Chronozon (no splashes or zeroes).
- Once he has been weakened by each blast spell, kill him with any spell, melee, or ranged.
- Pick up the last crest piece and teleport out.
- Assemble the Family crest and head back to Dimintheis in Varrock to conclude.
- 1 Quest point
- Steel gauntlets
- The steel gauntlets confer useful perks. Each brother will imbue them with a special ability. They will initially do this for free. Be careful choosing, though, since you can only have one effect, and it will cost you 25,000 coins to change them. Dimintheis will provide you with a "magically" found pair should you lose them.