Family Crest/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Dimintheis in south-east Varrock.|
|Description||There is a man in Varrock who needs a bit of help. He is of noble heritage, but without his family's crest, he can't prove it. Unfortunately, his three sons took the crest with them when they left, scattering all across RuneScape.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended to bring all the required quest items with you from the start of the quest along with some food and the following teleports if possible: Varrock, Camelot, Ardougne, Falador, Edgeville (Amulet of glory), Al Kharid (Ring of dueling).
- Talk to Dimintheis in a house southeast of the east bank in Varrock and north of the fancy dress shop.
- Head to Catherby and talk to Caleb in the building northeast of the bank.
- Speak to him again and give him all the fish. Note: Ask of the whereabouts of the other crest parts.
- Speak to the Gem Trader in Al Kharid.
- Go north of the Gem Trader to the scorpion mining pit, and speak to the 'Man' with the yellow cape there (Avan).
- Head into the Dwarven Mine and run to the far most western end and speak to Boot.
- Teleport to Ardougne, head east and climb down the old ruin entrance to the Witchaven Dungeon near Witchaven and Ardougne ship port. (Labelled on the world map by the icon. You may need to defend yourself against some hellhounds, so come prepared).
- Enter the dungeon. Do not enter the wall to the east. There is a north room, a south room, and a locked eastern room that contains hellhounds and the perfect gold ore.
- To unlock the gate to the east room:
- Go to the north wall and pull the lever (up),
- then the south room and pull that lever (up),
- back to the north wall and pull the lever (down),
- then enter the north room and pull the lever (up),
- leave the room and pull the lever on the north wall (up),
- finally pull the lever in the south room (down).
- Go into the hellhound room and mine 2 'perfect' gold ores.
- Teleport to Al Kharid, go to the furnace and smelt the ores into bars, then use the bars on the furnace again and make one 'perfect' ruby necklace and 'perfect' ruby ring. Be careful not to use make-all as it will make two rings or necklaces and you will have to go back and mine another ore,you can avoid this by dropping one ruby before making either the ring or necklace.
- Go back to the 'Man' (Avan) and give him the jewellery to receive the second crest piece.
- Teleport to Varrock (lumberyard teleport), and head north west to the Jolly Boar Inn near the lumber yard (if you have completed the Enlightened Journey quest, you may find it quicker to use the Balloon system). Once there, go upstairs and speak to Johnathon. After speaking to him, right-click and use your anti-poison on him and he will tell you where the last piece is.
- Teleport to Edgeville, get ready for a fight, bring runes for each of the four blast spells as you need to hit (not splash) with each spell at least once. Maging is recommended as Chronozon is quite easy to kill and you can safespot without taking any damage. There are poison spiders in the dungeon which can poison you so anti-poison is recommended. Chronozon's area is part of the Wilderness and other players can attack you there.
- Note - since Chronozon is near the Air Obelisk, you can bring an uncharged orb, 3 Cosmic runes and 30 Air runes (or an Air staff) to complete a Hard Wilderness Diary task.
- Go south of Edgeville bank and head down the ladder to the dungeon, navigate through the dungeon and go through the gate where Chaos druids are, go west past them through another gate and the Chronozon is south of the black demons. He is pretty easy to safespot in between the rocks in the south part of the room. Cast each blast spell on the Chronozon and make sure they all deal damage, otherwise he will not die. Once he is dead, take the last crest piece and teleport out.
- Use the crest pieces together to form the Family crest and head back to Dimintheis in Varrock to finish the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- Steel gauntlets
- The steel gauntlets on their own don't seem that impressive, but they do have a very useful ability. You can take them to any of the three brothers and have him imbue them with a special ability. They will do this for free if it is your first time choosing a gauntlet. Be careful choosing, though, since you can only have one effect at a time, and it will cost 25,000 coins to change them. To change effects, just take them to the brother whose effect you want. If you lose the gauntlets, Dimintheis will have "magically" found them again and will give them back.