The Feldip Hills Civil War was a major conflict between Bandosians living in the Feldip Hills near the beginning of the Fourth Age. After the end of the God Wars, Bandos was banished from Gielinor and the remaining followers of Bandos were left without guidance, causing them to fall into a bloody civil war. Soon enough, the much more powerful ogres united against the weaker goblins living in the area and effectively began a mass genocide of the goblins, prompting them to retreat north.
It was at this point that King Baxtorian and his Cadarn Clan began to settle in what is now Kandarin, having crossed the Galarpos Mountains. After establishing peace treaties with the Tree Gnome Stronghold and local human tribes, the elves approached the ogres, but quickly left the Feldip Hills after realising the warring nation could not be reasoned with. Although the elves soon established a stable kingdom, they suffered on a small scale due to raids from the goblins fleeing northwards, which apparently lasted several decades. Eventually, the goblin tribes, minus the Dorgeshuun, all came together in what is now Hemenster where the scarce food and constantly diminishing living space triggered the events that would lead to the Battle of the Plain of Mud around the middle of the Fourth Age.
- ↑ Ilfeen, "Song of the Elves", Old School RuneScape. "At the end of the God Wars, the gods were banished from this world."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Exploration of the Eastern Realm, "Lletya", Old School RuneScape. "Firstly the Elves approached the Ogres and their kin to the south. Unfortunately without Bandos' guidance which had held these races together for millennia, the nation had fallen into a bloody civil war. Making any form of a treaty with each side useless."
- ↑ Settlement of the East, "Lletya", Old School RuneScape. "Although at this time the Elves, Gnomes and Humans were living in peace, to the south, the war between the Ogres and their Goblin neighbours degenerated into an attempt at genocide of all Goblin races by the Ogres. This started a mass exodus of the Goblin races, they started to emigrate to the north along the coast moving through the lands not yet settled by the Elves."
- ↑ Settlement of the East, "Lletya", Old School RuneScape. "Although the Goblin races were busy guarding their backs to the south and did not have the resources to start a war on two fronts, this did not stop them from forays for supplies into the Elven lands. [...] Within a few decades of 'The break out', the Elves had created many thriving settlements and a vast network of roads, despite the constant raiding from the Goblins."
- ↑ Goblin scribe, Old School RuneScape. "But General Bloodfist of the Dorgeshuun refused to fight in this battle. Instead he commanded the Dorgeshuun army to march down into a fissure in the ground. General Bloodfist stood at the mouth of the fissure and defied the might of the evil god."
- ↑ Zanik, "The Lost Tribe", Old School RuneScape. "We've been cut off from other goblins for generations"
- ↑ Goblin book, page 8-9, Old School RuneScape. "But now goblins not have enough to eat, and have no commanders to tell them who to fight. So goblin tribes fight one another."