Feral Vampyres are dangerous creatures found in the Haunted Woods, near the Abandoned Mine, and in the God Wars Dungeon. They are aggressive, and will attack anyone. They appear to be a weaker, more animalistic creature than other vampyres, and can be harmed by all weapons. Feral vampyres always drop vampyre dust. Having garlic in your inventory does not weaken feral vampyres.
The feral vampyres found in the Haunted Woods and Abandoned Mine will occasionally bite players, which can sometimes drain stats and will cause the vampyre to recover a small amount of hitpoints. Feral vampyres also heal 1 hit point when attacked, similar to banshees. The chance of this can be decreased by wearing a holy symbol, but not entirely prevented.
The level 72 feral vampyres are significantly harder to kill than the level 61 feral vampyres. They will only spawn when the spiders in the Haunted Woods are staring at players, so if you want to avoid them, stay away from the spiders.
Additionally, held vampyre juveniles and vampyre juvinates may sometimes be turned into feral vampyres when a guthix balance potion is used on them. These feral vampyres do not bite players to heal themselves, and have no drops besides vampyre dust.
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
The average Feral Vampyre kill is worth 1,049.7.
There is a 10/128 chance of rolling the herb drop table.
There is a 19/128 chance of rolling the uncommon seed drop table.
|Snape grass seed||1||1/176.5||4,278||56|
|Poison ivy seed||1||1/543.1||12||99|
|Potato cactus seed||1||1/882.5||9||84|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||1/3,530.1||356||3|
There is a 4/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/64.12; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/128; 1/65[d 2]||281||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/256; 1/130[d 2]||553||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/512; 1/260[d 2]||1,146||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/1,365.33; 1/693.33[d 2][d 3]||141||2|
|Nature talisman||1||1/1,365.33; 1/693.33[d 2][d 3]||176||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/2,048; 1/1,040[d 2]||2,835||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 2]||10,324||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 2]||11,096||60|
|Rune javelin||5||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 2]||795||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||1/65,536; 1/3,900[d 2][d 4]||12,071||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/131,072; 1/7,800[d 2][d 4]||65,388||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/174,762.67; 1/10,400[d 2][d 4]||42,793||37,440|
- Prior to the release of A Taste of Hope on 24 May 2018, they were simply called "Vampire". They now share a name with their Runescape 3 counterparts.
- Juveniles and juvinates made feral were previously known as Angry vampyres.
- The level 72 variant's examine information was previously "Where did that come from?"
- They appear to have the same facial features as Ghasts found the Mort Myre Swamp.
- If a player has entered Morytania without completing the Priest in Peril quest, there is a chance that an unattackable level 72 Feral Vampyre will spawn and attack the player, causing the player to be teleported back outside of Morytania in front of the Temple of Saradomin.