|Released||16 July 2020 (Update)|
|Also called||Wilderness Hub|
|Teleports||Ring of dueling|
|Location on World Map|
|Graveyard of Shadows|
|Dark Warriors' Fortress||←||Ferox Enclave||→||Chaos Temple (Wilderness)|
Ferox Enclave is the restored remains of a small town south-west of Carrallangar (known today as the Graveyard of Shadows) that was once part of the Zarosian Empire, abandoned and left to decay over the ages. It has recently been turned into a safe haven for travelers by Ferox, an ex-Zamorakian acolyte who is searching for knowledge in order to learn about the history of the Wilderness.
The town is a safe area within the Wilderness, meaning players cannot kill other players while within the boundaries of the town. Players who have had Tele Block cast on them will not be able to enter the town from the outside until the spell has worn off, though players can still enter whilst in combat. Outside of the town by each entrance, there are a few tiles where players cannot be attacked, however whilst teleblocked they can still be attacked here.
The town is home to Clan Wars and Last Man Standing, as well as portals to Castle Wars and Death's Office. There is a chapel with an altar and the Pool of Refreshment which restores the player's hitpoints, stats, and prayer points (but not special attack energy).
Players who have paid Ferox 5,000,000 coins can set their respawn point to Ferox Enclave, by the eastern barrier.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The level 13 wilderness obelisk is east of the Enclave. There are also three safe methods of reaching Ferox Enclave that do not require players to traverse the Wilderness:
- A ring of dueling will teleport directly here.
- Using the Minigame Group Finder to teleport to the Last Man Standing and Clan Wars minigames.
- Using a waka canoe to row here (requires level 57 Woodcutting).
Features[edit | edit source]
Ferox Enclave is home to refugees and travellers seeking sanctuary in the harsh climate of the Wilderness. As such, followers of various religions appear to tolerate each other's presence within Ferox Enclave; for example, Lisa and her wizards are Guthixian followers, Andros Mai and Sister Scarophia are Saradominist followers, and the Zamorakian Acolytes are Zamorakian followers.
In addition, the aesthetic of the buildings are of various religions as well; the Clan Wars building contains both Saradomin and Zamorak colours (blue/white and red/black carpets, suits of armour, and flags), the Last Man Standing contains Guthixian colours (green flames and barriers), while the chapel's altar, dedicated to Zaros, is maintained by Sister Scarophia, a Saradominist.
There are several features found within Ferox Enclave:
- A banker and bank chest can be found on the western end.
- The Clan Wars and Last Man Standing minigames can be played here.
- A chapel containing an altar and Pools of Refreshment.
- An entrance to Death's Office can be accessed outside the chapel.
- A pub named The Old Nite, as well as the caves accessed via the pub.
- A canoe station can be found on the eastern end.
- Adventurers should note that traveling to the canoe station requires a Waka canoe while traveling from the canoe station can be done with any canoe, unless traveling deeper into the wilderness.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Ferox, the founder of Ferox Enclave.
- Andros Mai, a Saradominist warrior seeking to kill Vet'ion.
- Banker, a banker assigned to set up a branch in the town.
- Camarst, the barkeep for The Old Nite.
- Derse Venator, a bowman from Great Kourend seeking to kill Callisto
- Justine, owner of Justine's stuff for the Last Shopper Standing
- Lisa, a Guthixian who hosts the Last Man Standing minigame.
- Marten, a canoe man.
- A mercenary hired by the Bank of Gielinor who can perform banknote exchange services.
- Phabelle Bile, a scientist seeking to obtain a sample of venom from Venenatis.
- Refugees seeking sanctuary in Ferox Enclave.
- Sigismund, who is guarding Ferox Enclave.
- Sister Scarophia, who maintains the chapel in Ferox Enclave.
- Wizards, who teleport players to the island where Last Man Standing minigame takes place.
- Zamorakian Acolytes, seekers of ancient Zamorakian knowledge within the Wilderness.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sister Scarophia's chapel housing an altar dedicated to Zaros.
Surrounding area[edit | edit source]
The immediate area around Ferox Enclave is designed to emulate the environmental experience in popular player-killing areas on PvP worlds.
The northern area is based on Varrock Square.
The eastern area is based on the area between Lumbridge Castle and the stone bridge just east of it.
The southern area is based on the main entrance to the Grand Exchange.
The western area is based on Camelot.