|Released||4 October 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||A cape of fire.|
|Store price||Not sold|
In order to obtain the fire cape, players must survive all waves of TzHaar Fight Caves and defeat TzTok-Jad. Note that the cape will not be awarded should both the player and TzTok-Jad die simultaneously, even though the boss log will count the kill.
A fire cape must be shown to TzHaar-Ket guards around the centre of the city to allow further access to Mor Ul Rek. This does not consume the fire cape. However, to enter the Inferno, a fire cape must be sacrificed by giving it to TzHaar-Ket-Keh. This is a one-time fee.
If the player dies below level 20 Wilderness, it will remain in the player's inventory; however, the item will be unusable and must be repaired by using it on Perdu and paying him 50,000 coins. If not protected when the player dies at level 20 wilderness or higher, the cape is converted into coins.
Other uses[edit | edit source]
A fire cape can be stored on the cape rack in a costume room or mounted on a cape hanger in an Achievement Gallery of a player-owned house. This has no effect other than showing the player's guests that the player has completed the Fight Cave.
Players who don't want their cape can sell it to TzHaar-Mej-Jal for their choice of a chance of obtaining the Tzrek-jad pet or 8,000 Tokkul. A lost fire cape can only be replaced by defeating TzTok-Jad again to receive another one.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|2 August 2013
(update | poll)
|• The fire cape, rune defender, and the penance items have had their config cost increased to allow them to be protected over rune armour on death.|
• You can now win firecapes even if you have one already. These can be exchanged with the Fight Cave attendant for Tokkul should you want that instead.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Using an item on the fire cape results in a game message stating "That doesn't seem to do what you want it to." instead of the usual "Nothing interesting happens." message.
- The first NPC to wear this cape was the Slayer master Nieve.
- The fire cape, fire max cape, infernal cape, and infernal max cape are the only capes to have an animated texture whilst wearing it.
- There is a glitch, which can sometimes occur when a player opens their bank or scrolls too quickly within their bank, where the inventory icon may become animated. This also affects other animated items such as magic logs and dramen branches.
|Capes of Accomplishment|