|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||I should use this with a spinning wheel.|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Exchange||5 coins (info)|
Flax is a plant that can be picked. Players with level 10 Crafting can use the picked flax on a spinning wheel to create a bow string, granting 15 Crafting experience. It is possible to pick multiple flax from one plant. Flax can also be spun via the Spin Flax spell.
Flax can be found in various places:
- In the Tree Gnome Stronghold (there is a bank in the middle of several flax plants). These flax do not exist in Deadman Mode worlds.
- South of Seers' Village, there are many plants in a reasonably small area, next to the beehives and close to a bank as well as a spinning wheel.
- Just south of the bank in Lletya (closest to a bank, but difficult to get to)
- South of Rellekka
- On Lunar Isle
- Just northwest of the bank at Land's End
- North of Hosidius
- In Taverley, at the fountains and south of the fountains
It is quite a useful item because once it is spun into a bow string, it can be used to string bows using Fletching, and bow strings sell for a fair bit. However, it is not very easy to sell flax for quick money, so players are advised to turn them into bow strings first to gain more money. It takes (with no armour equipped, and run turned on) approximately 75 seconds (non-stop) in Lumbridge Castle to spin an entire inventory of flax into bow strings.
The flax growing in the Miscellania farming patch has a different flower than those encountered throughout the rest of Gielinor. This suggests a domesticated cultivar, which is different from the "wild type", is farmed in Miscellania.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- One of the best locations to pick flax is in Lletya, as the flax field is very close to the bank, about 10 spaces away. Mourning's End Part I has to be started in order to enter Lletya.
- The closest flax to a bank is found in Prifddinas, near the north-west bank. There are several flax plants located on both sides of the bank, only a few spaces away. Completion of Song of the Elves is required to enter Prifddinas.
- A great alternative is the flax found in Land's End. There are five flax plants right next to each other, and a deposit box and bank chest several steps away.
- The field south-east of Seers' Village contains a spinning wheel on the way to the bank. This allows players to turn their flax into bow strings for Crafting experience and even more money.
- The flax in Tree Gnome Stronghold is another option. While the flax plants are more spread apart, the bank is fairly close.
- Flax can also be obtained through Managing Miscellania. The Throne of Miscellania quest is needed, however.
- Flax can also be obtained through the Bee keeper random event.
- With high enough Combat levels, killing Zulrah is a good way to obtain flax, as 1000 noted flax is a common drop.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Bow string × 5|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Baby impling jar||1||1/100|
|King kurask||295||100 (noted)||3 × 6/124|
|Zulrah||725||1,000 (noted)||2 × 10/248|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Dom Onion's Reward Shop||Yanille||∞||75||N/A|