Free-to-play Prayer training
Prayer is regarded to be the most difficult skill to train in free-to-play due to the expense involved in purchasing large numbers of bones from the Grand Exchange, low experience rates and the high amount of clicking required to train the skill.
Starting off[edit | edit source]
The Restless Ghost provides you with 1,125 experience which allows a player to raise Prayer from level 1 to 9 upon completion. There are no requirements to begin this quest (although melee defensive armour is useful against the skeleton) and is strongly recommended for beginning players as it provides a fairly decent amount of experience points for relatively little effort.
Bone Yard[edit | edit source]
The Bone Yard in the Wilderness (directly north of Varrock) has many bones spawns with no killing required. Big bones also spawn here. Very few big bones spawn here (however, you can pick those up and sell them if you'd wish). The main attraction here is the abundance of regular bones. There are lots of them lying on the ground with a relatively good spawn rate.
- Food (optional) - There are multiple level 20-25 skeletons in this area. Be sure to bring enough food to last for a while if you do not wish to fight them.
- Armour - Due to the fact that this is the Wilderness, and that there are skeletons in this area, it is recommended that players wear armour they do not mind losing.
- A weapon (optional) - If you choose to fight skeletons, you can also gain a decent amount of experience just from that, they also drop bones.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
There are multiple strategies you could use for this method. Any way works, whether one works better than the other, that's up for you to decide.
- Run in and collect bones (without burying)
- Run out and bury the bones in safety
- Fight skeletons to obtain their bones as well (a higher combat level would make this easier)
- Bury all bones
You can always find what works for yourself as well.
Low-level areas[edit | edit source]
Many low level areas consist of people killing monsters. People often do not pick up the bones which lie on the ground, therefore there is often an endless supply of free bones.
There are always more spots, but these are amongst the most common spots for people to be leaving loot on the ground.
High-level areas[edit | edit source]
Big bones are dropped by the following monsters in Free-to-play:
Power-burying[edit | edit source]
The best prayer experience rates for prayer in free-to-play are achieved by burying large numbers of bones bought from the Grand Exchange. This is an extremely click intensive and expensive method for training the skill.
|Bones||Experience||XP/hr||Hours to 99||# for 99||Cost||Cost for 99||GP/XP|