|Released||6 February 2007 (Update)|
|Also called||Fremmy Isles|
|Location on World Map|
|Lunar Isle||←||Fremennik Isles||→||Miscellania|
|Tree Gnome Stronghold|
The Fremennik Isles are a volcanic archipelago in the Lunar Sea consisting of six islands: Jatizso, Neitiznot, an uninhabited island containing the Central Fremennik Isles mine, an island containing the Ice Troll Caves, an island north of Neitiznot where honour guards fight ice trolls and an island north of Jatizso where guards also fight ice trolls. Although the islands of Miscellania and Etceteria are also inhabited by Fremennik, they are not part of the Fremennik Isles.
They are the location where most of the The Fremennik Isles quest takes place. Points of interest include the towns of Neitiznot and Jatizso, Jatizso mine, the Central Fremennik Isles mine and the yak enclosure. The ice trolls north of Jatizso are commonly killed on slayer task due to their valuable drops and the island being multicombat.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Fremennik Isles are located north-west of Rellekka. There are several ways to get there:
- After completing the Elite Fremennik Diary, use an Enchanted Lyre
- Use the Enchanted Lyre to get to Rellekka, and talk to Maria Gunnars or Mord Gunnars on the northernmost dock. There is no cost for this travel.
History[edit | edit source]
The location of the Fremennik Isles was uncharted until they were settled by the two youngest sons of a Fremennik king who ruled four generations before the present: Jatizso and Neitiznot. As punishment for their squabbling, the king banished them from the realm until they had conquered lands of their own. Jatizso came across a land rich in minerals, deep fjords and sweeping mountains. He then claimed the land, named it after himself, built a citadel and set out to explore the kingdom.
Jatizso discovered a green and fertile island only to find that his brother had already founded his own settlement on it. The blood feud between the followers of Jatizso and the followers of Neitiznot has persisted to the present day.
Jatizso is currently ruled by King Gjuki Sorvott IV and Neitiznot by Burgher Mawnis Burowgar. Recently, a massive army of ice trolls seized the northern island. While Neitiznot's troops were busy laying siege to Jatizso, the trolls marched down and razed Neitiznot to the ground. Mawnis's wife and youngest son were killed during this raid.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Jatizso ventured far into uncharted oceans, [...]"
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Four generations ago there was a mighty king who ruled wisely and was loved by all. He had many sons, [...]. His youngest two sons, however, were a problem."
- Maria Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Their names were Jatizso and Neitiznot."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "As punishment for their squabbling he banished his sons from his realm, ordering that neither should return until they had conquered lands of their own."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "At last a promising land was sighted, a land rich in minerals, deep fjords and sweeping mountains."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Jatizso claimed the land and named it after himself."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "A mighty citadel was constructed to protect his land; then Jatizso set forth to explore his new kingdom."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Crossing a few fjords, Jatizso spied an island which remained green and fertile, even at such latitude."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Jatizso was horrified when his brother appeared on the battlements and cried 'This is my land! Go find yer own'."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "And so the blood feud continued."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Quite recently a massive troll army seized one of the islands to the north, while our townships' militias were busy fighting one another."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "They marched down and razed Neitiznot to the ground while Neitiznot's troops laid siege to Jatizso."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Anyway, the Burgher lost his wife and youngest son in the trolls' raid and has been a changed man since."
- Mord Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "Anyway, a hasty sort of peace has been agreed until the trolls are dealt with."