Fruit trees are fruit-bearing trees that can be grown using the Farming skill, although some also grow naturally on tropical islands such as Karamja. The necessary seeds to grow them must be obtained from bird nests or other sources, added to a plant pot filled with dirt, watered, and then planted in a fruit tree patch (compost may be added to the patch before or after the sapling is added). Level 27 Farming is needed to start planting apple trees, the lowest requirement to grow a fruit tree, and level 81 Farming is needed for dragonfruit trees, the highest requirement to grow a fruit tree. Sources of seeds may be found in the Farming skill guide.
Fully-grown fruit trees will bear fruit which can be picked by players. Fruits have various uses, such as being a common ingredient in Gnome cooking and other items which players can make using the Cooking skill. Some fruits are also used as ingredients in potions made using the Herblore skill.
Growing a healthy fruit tree is required for various achievement diaries.
Experience[edit | edit source]
|Level||Seed||Price||Gp/Xp ||Protection||Produce||Produce Price||Growth time||Experience||Uses|
Apple tree seed
|118||16 hours||22||1199.5||8.5||1272.5||Cooking ingredient|
Banana tree seed
|47||16 hours||28||1750.5||10.5||1841.5||Cooking ingredient and Ape Atoll Teleport|
Orange tree seed
|161||16 hours||35.5||2470.2||13.5||2586.7||Cooking ingredient|
Curry tree seed
|68||16 hours||40||2906.9||15||3036.9||Curry ingredient|
|131||16 hours||57||4605.7||21.5||4791.7||Cooking ingredient|
Papaya tree seed
|805||16 hours||72||6146.4||27||6380.4||Used to make Super compost|
Palm tree seed
|1,407||16 hours||110.5||10150.1||41.5||10509.6||Making high-level potions|
Dragonfruit tree seed
|811||16 hours||140||17335||70||17895||Making dragonfruit pies and bottled dragon breath|
- Includes the cost of protection and the gains from the produce.
- All baskets required must be filled with 5 harvests.
Locations and optimal methods of travel[edit | edit source]
Full list of all patches and closest teleports can be found here.
Note: Different methods of travel have varying requirements to use, to learn more about the following methods and their requirements see their respective article.
- Gnome Stronghold: east of Spirit tree
- Fastest way: player-owned house Spirit tree teleport to the Gnome Stronghold and travel east towards the patch
- Royal seed pod and travel south-southeast towards the patch.
- Slayer ring teleport to Stronghold Slayer Cave and travel east to the Gnome Stronghold Agility Course and travel north towards the patch.
- North-west of Tree Gnome Village: outside of the maze
- Fastest way: Spirit tree teleport to Tree Gnome Village and talk to Elkoy (he is outside of the fence where you need to squeeze through south-west of the Tree Gnome Village) will guide players out of the maze placing then travel slightly south-west to get to the patch. It should be noted that you have to have had started the Tree Gnome Village quest for Elkoy to escort you. A Spirit tree may be reached quickly via the north-east corner of the Grand Exchange, using the Ardougne Rat Pits minigame teleport and running south, using a Royal seed pod and running south, or an Ardougne cloak and running to the south-east corner of the West Ardougne wall.
- Fairy ring code ciq and travel west then north along the perimeter of the Tree Gnome Village Maze to the patch.
- East of Catherby: near White Wolf Mountain
- Fastest ways:
- Catherby Teleport in the Lunar spellbook and travel east along the beach.
- Charter ship travel directly to Catherby. From Catherby's Charter ship point, exit the ship and travel north towards outside of the bank and then travel east along the beach to the tree patch.
- You can get here after meddling with Brimhaven's fruit tree patch from Brimhaven's Charter ship point.
- Camelot Teleport (Standard spellbook) or Camelot teleport tablet and then travel south-east through Catherby to get to the patch with along the beach south of White Wolf Mountain.
- House teleport (Standard spellbook) or House teleport tablet and enter your Camelot portal in your Portal Chamber and then travel south-east through Catherby to get to the patch with along the beach south of White Wolf Mountain.
- Royal seed pod, climb to the top of the Grand Tree, and take the glider to White Wolf Mountain (the central picture of the mountains called "Sindarpos" on the glider interface).
- Fastest ways:
- North of Brimhaven: near the docks
- Fastest ways:
- House teleport (Standard spellbook) or House teleport tablet enter exit portal and travel north to the patch. If your POH is not in Brimhaven but you have at least 40 Construction, you can use scrolls of redirection from the Nightmare Zone to modify House teleport tablets to go to Brimhaven.
- Teleport to Ardougne, travel south and pay Captain Barnaby, then walk south.
- Charter ship to Brimhaven, exit the ship and travel south to the patch.
- You can get here after meddling with Catherby's fruit tree patch from Catherby's Charter ship point.
- Amulet of glory (charged) - Teleport to Karamja then run to Brimhaven.
- Spirit tree teleport if you have planted one there and travel west to the patch.
- Teleport to Shilo Village using the Karamja gloves 3 or 4 then pay Vigroy. The fruit tree patch is a very short walk to the west from there. He will charge between 10 to 200 coins depending on how much you are carrying, though he will always charge 200 if you use the "Pay fare" option on him or his cart.
- Fastest ways:
- Lletya: near the bank
- Fastest method: Teleport crystal to the central area of Lletya. There is no other fast way to Lletya.
- Farming guild: Advanced tier (requires 85 Farming).
- Fastest method: Skills necklace directly to Farming Guild.
- Fairy ring code CIR and travel south-west.