Garden of Tranquillity/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Ellamaria in the garden of Varrock Palace.|
|Description||'Queen of Varrock seeks experienced gardener to help construct a garden of peace and serenity as surprise for husband.
Only serious Farmers need apply. Peasants welcome (although not that welcome). Tools not supplied.Please note: under no circumstances are the contents of this message to be disclosed to Rollie – um, one means King Roald.'
|Official length||Very long|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Note: If you are only looking for the Ring of Charos(a), only doing this section will suffice.
- Talk to Ellamaria at the garden east of Varrock Palace.
- Optionally you could place your compost early in the 2 empty plant pots North to save inventory spaces after speaking to Ellamaria.
- Talk to Ellamaria again to obtain the trolley.
- Talk to the Wise Old Man in Draynor Village north of the bank with the ring of charos.
- Quiz answers:
- Show them a range of colours so that they can come to a compromise.
- Take his generous gift even though you have no need for it.
- It's absolutely, unquestionably the most interesting thing I've ever done!
- Put on the silly helmet and jump into the cannon.
- You of course Pkmaster0036, no one could ever challenge your greatness!
- Ask me nicely and I might consider it.
- No, especially not that wise old man, who doesn't look at all suspicious.
Gathering seeds[edit | edit source]
- See to the survival of your crops as you see fit.
- Always have on you: a rake, seed dibber, spade, secateurs, watering can, gardening trowel, and ring of charos(a). You may use the tool leprechauns by the patches.
- Equip the ring of charos(a).
- YOU MUST TALK TO THE FARMERS BEFORE PLANTING THE CROPS
Elstan North-West of Draynor[edit | edit source]
Item required: a marigold seed.
Lyra north-west of Port Phasmatys[edit | edit source]
Items required: 3-6 onion seeds.
- Talk to Lyra.
- Grow onions (both patches reduce chance of failure).
- Once grown, talk to Lyra for the orchid seeds. (You can continue the quest before finishing this step.)
Kragen north of Ardougne[edit | edit source]
Items required: 3-6 cabbage seeds.
- Talk to Kragen.
- Grow cabbages (both patches reduce chance of failure).
- Once grown, talk to Kragen for the snowdrop seeds. (You can continue the quest before finishing this step.)
Dantaera in Catherby[edit | edit source]
Item required: secateurs, gardening trowel, a filled plant pot (can be bought from the nearby store), a filled watering can.
Brother Althric at the Edgeville monastery[edit | edit source]
Item required: a fishing rod and ring of charos(a).
- Talk to Brother Althric at the Edgeville monastery.
- Run over to Edgeville and throw the ring of charos(a) down the well.
- Go back to the monastery and pick 4 seeds from the red, pink, and white roses.
- Retrieve your ring with a fishing rod (this could take a few tries) or return to Fenkenstrain's Castle if you destroyed it.
- (Optional) This would be a good time to refill your watering can. Use the sink in the house southwest of the well.
Bernald behind the Burthorpe pub[edit | edit source]
Items required: a rune/pure essence, a hammer, 2 plant cures, a pestle and mortar and ring of charos(a).
- Talk to Bernald (in the fenced in area beside the bar), while wearing ring of charos(a).
- Use 1 plant cure on the vines.
- Talk to Bernald again.
- Talk to Alain (with the Ring of charos UN-equipped) by the Taverley tree patch.
- Crush rune/pure essence with a hammer then grind the shards with a pestle and mortar.
- Add this to the other plant cure and use it on the vines.
- Talk to Bernald to get the vine seeds.
Returning to planted crops[edit | edit source]
- Return to Elstan south of Falador, Lyra north-west of Port Phasmatys and Kragen north of Ardougne once your crops have grown. You may come back to this if the crops are not yet grown.
Varrock Castle[edit | edit source]
Items required: 2 buckets of compost (super, ultra work as well. Bottomless compost will not work), a seed dibber, a rake, a spade and ring of charos(a), all acquired seeds.
- Fill the 2 plantpots with compost.
- Plant all acquired seeds in the palace garden.
- Talk to Ellamaria for the trolley if you haven't already.
Lumbridge Castle[edit | edit source]
- Use the trolley on the statue of a king (southern statue just outside Lumbridge castle gates).
- If at any point you logout or lose your trolley, speak to Ellamaria to get another.
- Push (or big push) the trolley east over the bridge then place it on the northern plinth in the garden.
Falador square[edit | edit source]
- Use the trolley on the statue.
- Watch the cutscene.
- Push the trolley north through the gate then place it on the southern plinth in the garden.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Wait until every plot is fully grown (takes 10-15 minutes).
- Once fully grown, talk to Ellamaria.
- Talk to King Roald.
- Make sure you have the ring of charos (a) equipped when talking to King Roald or he will not follow you.
- Watch the cutscene. (DO NOT INTERRUPT THE QUEEN WHEN SHE IS TALKING TO YOU AFTER THE CUT SCENE, YOU WILL HAVE TO WATCH IT ALL OVER AGAIN!)
- (Optional) Pick some fruit from the white tree to complete a Varrock medium task (will take a few minutes to produce fruit).
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 5,000 Farming experience
- An activated ring of charos - players can wear the activated ring to charm various NPCs to pay less for certain services, or get choices that are otherwise unavailable.
- An apple tree seed
- An acorn
- 5 guam seeds
- 4-dose compost potion, can be used on a full compost bin to turn compost into supercompost.
- After the quest, the player can visit the garden and pick 4 fruits from the white tree. They regrow after some time, similar to other fruit bearing trees. Each fruit restores about 8% of energy.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]