Gem drop table
The gem drop table or GDT is a drop table that is accessed by monsters of all kinds. The table mainly drops gems and talismans. The rare drop table also has access to the gem drop table. The gem drop table also has a chance at rolling the Mega-rare drop table.
The Mega-rare drop table contains mostly empty drops, but also the rune spear, dragon spear and shield left half. The Legends' Quest must be completed to obtain one of the mega-rare drops. Wearing a ring of wealth will remove all empty slots from the table.
Free-to-play players have very limited access to the rare drop table; they can only get uncut gems.
Gem Drop Table[edit | edit source]
At current prices, the expected value of a drop is approximately 480.36, or 1,369.75 with a ring of wealth.
|Nothing||N/A||63/128; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||32/128; 32/65[d 2]||370||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||16/128; 16/65[d 2]||593||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||8/128; 8/65[d 2]||1,213||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||3/128; 3/65[d 2][d 3]||459||2|
|Nature talisman||1||3/128; 3/65[d 2][d 3]||864||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||2/128; 2/65[d 2]||2,731||120|
|Rune javelin||5||1/128; 1/65[d 2]||815||1,200|
|Loop half of key||1||1/128; 1/65[d 2]||10,001||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/128; 1/65[d 2]||9,794||60|
|Mega-rare drop table||1||1/128; 1/65[d 2][d 4]||Not sold||N/A|
- The "nothing" drop is removed while wearing a ring of wealth.
- The drop rate is increased while wearing a ring of wealth due to the "nothing" drop being removed.
- The talisman dropped depends on where the monster is located: above-ground monsters drop the nature talisman, and underground monsters drop the chaos talisman. Some monsters can drop either talisman if they exist at multiple locations, such as fire giants.
- The Mega-rare drop table is replaced by a talisman if Legends' Quest is not completed.
Mega-rare drop table[edit | edit source]
|Nothing||N/A||113/128; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Rune spear||1||8/128; 8/15[d 2]||11,808||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||4/128; 4/15[d 2]||65,630||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||3/128; 3/15[d 2]||37,028||37,440|
Item sources[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 April 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "While the gem table will only give a chance of jumping to that special table (containing the three items you name) if you have done Legends' Quest, other monsters can jump to that table without any quest checks being performed."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 January 2019. Mod Ash: "On the gem table, it removes the 63 empty slots, turning a 1/128 chance of moving to the megarare list into a 1/65 chance. On the "megarare" table, it removes the 113 empty slots, turning a 4/128 chance of a dragon shield half into a 4/15 chance. That's a big improvement."