|Released||29 March 2004 (Update)|
|Examine||He's come to offer a wish!|
The Genie appears as a random event. The Genie appears near players and gives them an experience lamp, which may be rubbed to raise a selected skill's experience by 10 times the current level of the particular. For example, if the player has level 30 in Herblore, they would gain 300 Herblore experience if the skill is chosen.
Before the Optional Randoms update, the Genie would eventually teleport the player away if ignored.
Reward[edit | edit source]
|Lamp||1||Always[r 1]||Not sold||N/A|
- Only drops if the event is completed.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|29 March 2004
The NPC was permanently added with the launch of RuneScape 2.
|2 February 2004
The NPC was added to the RuneScape 2 Beta.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most NPCs, his hairstyle cannot be used.
- The Genie addresses players as Master or Mistress in front of their username depending on their gender.
- Interestingly, the genie has three stripes on his face, similar to Hazeel, the Oracle, Vannaka and Duradel.
- It is possible to get the event underwater in the Mogre Camp and off the coast of Fossil Island. When he appears, he is wearing the diving apparatus.