This article is about the robes obtained from the Curse of the Empty Lord miniquest. For the item used as a ghost costume during Ghosts Ahoy, see Bedsheet
Ghostly robes is a set of magic armour that makes the wearer translucent. They are members-only, and can be obtained from completing a small miniquest after a player has a ring of visibility from Desert Treasure.
A player must speak to various ghosts found throughout RuneScape. They must be spoken to in order. Each will tell you their story, direct you on to the next ghost, and give you a piece of the ghostly robes set.
However, a player must have a ring of visibility, which is obtained during the Desert Treasure quest, and a ghostspeak amulet, which is obtained during The Restless Ghost quest.
There are three different alternatives for each player as to where and which ghosts a player needs to talk to in order to get each ghostly item. Half of the items are in the Wilderness. Locations will vary for each player.
The full set of ghostly robes can be stored in a magic wardrobe in the costume room of a player-owned house, saving bank space when not in use. It's also possible to obtain more than one by talking to the mysterious ghost.
Obtaining the robes is necessary to get the full amount of kudos from the Varrock museum.
- After speaking to each ghost, you can ask them for more set pieces from all other ghosts the player has spoken to, the type and as much as the player chooses.
- After completing Curse of the Empty Lord should you lose your Ghostly robes you can return to Valdez at Glarial's Tomb to re-acquire them without speaking to the individual ghosts again.
- If you talk to Evil Dave while wearing full ghostly robes and have a hellcat follower, he will say "That outfit is TOTALLY EVIL! And you've got an evil cat too! To be honest I'm a little bit scared of you!"
- While wearing the ghostly robes and travelling through the desert on magic carpet, you can also see through the carpet at the part your character stands on.
- Particles are not visible through the ghostly robes.