Gnome Air is a gnomish airline that is the primary overseer and manager of air travel in Gielinor. It uses gnome gliders, first invented by Oaknock the Engineer and his son Yewnock at the beginning of the Fifth Age. Until the arrest of the misanthropic Glough, Gnome Air would only take gnomes, but now they also fly humans.
Whilst Gnome Air dominates long-distance air travel across the globe, Ali Morrisane’s fleet of magic carpets is the main mode of transportation over shorter distances in the desert. When Ali announced his new venture, a PR executive for Gnome Air replied that 'it [would] never take off.' In fact, the gnomes have filed lawsuits against Ali to the Supreme Rune Court, the result of which is not known.
References[edit | edit source]
- Captain Errdo, "The Grand Tree", Old School RuneScape. "Gnome Air is the finest airline in Gielinor! Well, it's the only real airline in Gielinor. Ha!"
- Display case 10, "Varrock Museum", Old School RuneScape. "They did mention that an old gnome engineer called Oaknock used to make model gliders for his children. Oaknock's son, Yewnock, ended up creating this method of transport with inspiration from his father's models."
- Rug Merchant, "Kharidian Desert", Old School RuneScape. "I don't think Ali is prepared to take on Gnome Air just yet. Their gliders are much faster than our carpets. Besides that, I think we are in the short-haul business, something that would only work in harsh conditions like the desert."
- Jagex. "Magic Carpet Ride." 5 July 2005. Old School RuneScape News.
- Jagex. "Rogue Trader." 15 August 2005. Old School RuneScape News.