|Released||28 January 2003 (Update)|
|Location||Tree Gnome Stronghold|
Gnome Ball is a minigame in which one or more players aim to score goals against gnomes. This is done by throwing the gnomeball into the goal. Ranged experience is gained each time the player throws the ball. Additionally, the player gets Ranged and Agility experience upon scoring a goal. When a player first enters the field, they should talk to the Gnome ball referee to learn the rules of the game.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are several methods to get to the Minigame.
The fastest methods, are the following:
- Spirit tree teleport to the Gnome Stronghold, then walk north-west.
- Grand seed pod or Royal seed pod teleport, then go west, outside of the Grand Tree.
- Using the Balloon transport system to the Grand Tree, then walk north-west.
- Slayer ring teleport to the Stronghold Slayer Cave then walk north-west.
- Achievement diary cape teleport to the Elder Gnome child, then walk north-west.
- Using the Gnome glider transport system to Ta Quir Priw, then walk west, outside of the Grand Tree.
Playing[edit | edit source]
The player may need to bring some food due to the rough nature of this game. The objective of the game is to get a ball from the referee and throw it through the net at the other end of the pitch. Players use the Agility skill to both dodge and tackle opponents, and players use the Ranged skill to shoot at the goal.
On the pitch, players have three new game options. They are:
- Pass - This allows the player to pass to their gnome teammates, who will be wearing green.
- Tackle - Choosing this option will allow the player to tackle a gnome on the opposing team.
- Shoot - This causes the player to shoot at the goal.
Players will have to make their way up to the other side of the field while dodging any gnome ballers tackling them. The gnomes on the player's team can help them progress along the field. If the player passes to them while being chased by the opposing team, they will pass the gnomeball back to the player.
Players should attempt a shot once they are near the goal. For every successful goal, a player will receive Ranged and Agility experience.
When the player reach five points, they win and get a 25 experience bonus.
- First goal - 4 Agility, Ranged experience.
- Second goal - 5 Agility, Ranged experience.
- Third goal - 6 Agility, Ranged experience.
- Fourth goal - 7 Agility, Ranged experience.
- Fifth goal - 5 Agility, Ranged experience, plus bonus.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- When the player gets five points, they receive a gnomeball upon exiting the arena.
- If the player enters the arena with a gnomeball, the Gnome ball referee will take it for safe keeping until the player exits the arena. Additionally, the player will not be rewarded another upon winning a game.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
A good tactic in Gnome Ball is to pass to a winger from the referee, before running quickly to a spot directly in front of the net. The ball will be passed back, and the player can then try to score.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player passes to a gnome winger, the player has the option to talk to them only while they have the gnomeball. If the player tries to talk to them, their text box will say, "Nothing interesting happens."
- Gnome players walk, stand and talk like in the old graphics.
- There is no option to talk to the opposing Gnome ballers (red, orange and yellow team players).
- The player cannot shoot from behind the Gnome goal (net).
- This game is a reference to Rugby and American Football.
- When the player attempts to throw a gnomeball at a player while the other player teleports, it says: [Player name] won't thank you for chucking balls at [him/her] while [he/she] is trying to teleport.
- When a player attempts to throw a handegg to the player who last had the gnomeball while it is still in play, the message [sic] appears instead.
- There appears to be blood splattered across the pitch from previous games.
- To level ranging from 1 to 99 on just Gnome Ball, a player would have to win 250,663 games which means scoring 1,253,315 goals.