|Released||28 January 2003 (Update)|
|Location||Tree Gnome Stronghold|
Gnome Ball is a minigame in which one or more players attempt to score goals against gnomes. Goals are scored by throwing the gnomeball into the goal, and the game is won when five goals are scored. Players earn some Ranged and Agility experience upon scoring a goal and winning the game.
When a player first enters the field, they should talk to the gnome ball referee to gain the ball.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Gnome Ball is located in the north-western parth of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. There are several methods to get to the minigame.
- Travel to the spirit tree in the centre of the Stronghold, then walk north-west.
- Grand seed pod or royal seed pod teleport, then walk west outside of the Grand Tree.
- Balloon transport system to the Grand Tree, then go north-west.
- Slayer ring teleport to the Stronghold Slayer Cave then walk north-west.
- Achievement diary cape teleport to the Elder Gnome child, then walk north-west.
- Gnome glider transport system to Ta Quir Priw, climb down and walk west, outside of the Grand Tree.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Players with very few Hitpoints may need to bring some food due to the rough nature of this game. The objective of the game is to get a gnome ball from the referee, and then throw it through the net at the other end of the pitch. Weapons are automatically unequiped and placed in the inventory when entering the game.
This game has three simple mechanics:
- Pass - The gnomeball can be passed to another participating player or either of the two green gnome wingers. The gnome wingers will pass it back after a few seconds.
- Tackle - Gnomes of opposing teams can be tackled, knocking them out for a few seconds. However, gnomes may also tackle the player who is holding the ball, dealing 1-2 damage. When someone holding the gnomeball is tackled, they will lose the ball to the one who tackled them. The chance of tackling and being tackled depends on the player's Agility level.
- Shoot - Players must attempt to shoot the gnomeball at the gnome goal. The chance to successfully score depends on the player's Ranged level and the proximity to the goal. When a goal is scored, the player that scored will receive a point. Whether the ball hit or missed, a new ball has to be asked from the gnome ball referee.
Whenever a player earns five points, they win the game and their score is reset.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The simplest tactic is to pass the gnome ball to a gnome winger directly after receiving the ball. Then, run forward towards the goal. When the winger passes it back, shoot it at the goal. This strategy should also prevent any gnomes from attacking the player.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- For every successful goal, a low amount (4-7) of Agility and Ranged experience is granted. Winning the game will reward an additional 25 experience in both skills.
- When the player earned five points, they will receive a gnomeball upon exiting the pitch. Gnomeballs are worth 16,613 coins on the Grand Exchange. Only one gnomeball may be awarded per game. Gnomeballs brought unto the pitch will be kept by the gnome ball referee until the player leaves the game. Additionally, players that brought a gnomeball to the game will not receive a new one from winning.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gnome Ball is a clear reference to Rugby and American Football.
- When a player attempts to throw a handegg to the gnome or player holding the gnomeball, the message [sic] appears.
- Attempting to throw a gnomeball to a teleporting player prompts the message [Player name] won't thank you for chucking balls at [him/her] while [he/she] is trying to teleport.
- There is no option to talk with opposing gnomes. Gnome wingers may only be talked to when they are holding the gnomeball.
- There appears to be blood splattered across the pitch from previous games.
- To level Ranged from 1 to 99 with just Gnome Ball, a player would have to win 250,663 games which means scoring 1,253,315 goals.