Tree Gnome Stronghold
|Tree Gnome Stronghold|
|Released||22 December 2002 (Update)|
|Also called||Gnome city|
|Location on World Map|
|Eagles' Peak (mountain)||←||Tree Gnome Stronghold||→||Baxtorian Falls|
The Tree Gnome Stronghold, sometimes shortened to Gnome Stronghold, also called Ta Quir Priw in Gnomish, is one of the largest cities in RuneScape and is populated solely by gnomes. Its most notable features are the Grand Tree, the Gnome Stronghold agility course, the Gnome Ball field and the Stronghold Slayer Cave. As the largest gnome settlement it is considered the capital of the Gnome Empire.
Features[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The Grand Tree is the largest structure in the stronghold.
- The lowest level Agility training course (this course is impossible to fail and take damage on).
- The Stronghold Slayer Cave, a cave full of various monsters, that can only be slain during a Slayer task. Overlooked by the Slayer Master Nieve.
- A swamp to collect king worms and toads for their toad's legs (for Herblore and Gnome Restaurant).
- The Gnome Ball arena.
- Yew trees and a magic tree for Woodcutting.
- A tree patch and a fruit tree patch for Farming.
- A flax picking area, as well as spinning wheels for Crafting and Fletching.
- Teleport to the rune essence mine (Brimstail).
- River fishing areas.
- Tortoise enclosure to the north.
- Terrorbird enclosure to the south-west.
- The Crash Site Cavern, a cave available after Monkey Madness II where demonic gorillas can be found.
Shops[edit | edit source]
First floor of the Grand Tree[edit | edit source]
- Rometti's Fine Fashions sells Gnome robes in pink, green, blue, cream, and turquoise. It is owned by Rometti.
- Funch's Fine Groceries sells ingredients for cocktails. It is owned by Heckel Funch.
- Blurberry Bar sells 'Premade' cocktails. Note that the barman, not Blurberry, sells these.
- Grand Tree Groceries sells ingredients for gnome cuisine. It is owned by Hudo.
- Gianne's Restaurant sells 'Premade' gnome food. Note that instead of Gianne snr. or Gianne jnr. the wares are sold by the Gnome Waiter.
Second floor of the Grand Tree[edit | edit source]
- Gulluck and Sons sells a variety of ranged armaments along with axes, battleaxes and two-handed swords. It is owned by Gulluck.
Transport[edit | edit source]
- Gnome glider - top level of the Grand Tree.
- Just south of Grand Tree:
- A Spirit tree (used after completing The Grand Tree quest)
- Balloon transport system after completing the Enlightened Journey quest
- Grand seed pods from the Gnome Restaurant minigame - these may be used to instantly transport a player to the Grand Tree by either launching or squashing them. They are consumed when used and are very expensive.
- Royal seed pod - a particular kind of seed pod with unlimited charges, that takes its user directly to the throne room.
- In the northeastern corner is an Agility shortcut to Barbarian Outpost (requires 37 Agility), if the Grand Tree quest has been completed.
- Slayer ring - Teleport to the entrance of the Stronghold Slayer Cave.
- Necklace of passage - Teleport to the Outpost, south of the stronghold.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the release of Monkey Madness II, a monkey archer would appear every couple of minutes and walk around the area between Nieve and the Gnome Stronghold bank before disappearing again.