This article is about the regular gold bowl. For golden bowls with water in them, see Golden bowl
The gold bowl is a quest item used during the Legends' Quest. According to Gujuo, the required vessel for holy water is a bowl "made from the metal of the sun", referring to gold. The bowl is made by using two gold bars on an anvil while holding the sketch given to the player by Gujuo; after completion of the quest, it is possible to make the bowl without the sketch, though there remains a chance of failing. This gives 30 Smithing experience per bowl. The bowl must then be blessed with Gujuo's help to turn it into a blessed gold bowl. The blessed version is the only vessel capable of holding water with holy properties; trying to fill a normal gold bowl with the pure spring's water will yield a message along the lines of having mere normal water. A successful fill will result in a message saying that "the water seems to bubble and sparkle as if alive."
There is a chance that the player will fail in making the gold bowl, causing one or two gold bars to be destroyed without a resultant bowl. When successfully made, 30 Smithing experience is gained and a message of the achievement appears in the chat box.
Multiple gold bowls may be made during and after the quest to efficiently produce large amounts of Holy water. They will have to be blessed individually by Gujuo, however.
In order to create this item, the player must reach the stage in Legend's Quest where the Sketch is given to them.
There are three possibilities when attempting to forge the Golden bowl:
- Success: 2 golden bars are exchanged for 30 smithing XP and 1 golden bowl.
- Failure: 1 golden bar is taken from the player, and no XP is rewarded.
- Big Failure: 2 golden bars are used, as the player spills molten gold everywhere.
If the player fails to create the Golden bowl, there is a 135/256 chance of additionally spilling molten gold everywhere and consuming an additional gold bar.
- Sketch is not required, but without it, there is a failure chance.
|29 March 2004 –
30 January 2006
|30 January 2006 –|
- If you fail to make a gold bowl, it says that you pour molten gold all over the floor, even though no heat is involved in the process of making one.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 January 2021. (Archived from the original on 4 January 2021.) Mod Ash: "Failure always gives 0 XP and deducts 1 gold bar, and has a 135/256 chance of deducting the 2nd bar."