|Released||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||This needs refining.|
|High alch||90 coins|
|Low alch||60 coins|
|Exchange||316 coins (info)|
Gold ore is the raw material used to smelt a gold bar. Smelting gold ore into a bar gives 22.5 Smithing experience, or 56.2 with the goldsmith gauntlets equipped. Since smelting gold bars is an easy way to gain Smithing experience, gold ore is often sold at higher prices than the bars.
The gold bar can then be crafted to make various pieces of jewellery, or smithed to make a gold helmet (for the Between a Rock... quest) or a golden bowl (for Legends' Quest). Making gold helmets or golden bowls is not advised for those seeking to make a profit, however.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Free-to-play[edit | edit source]
The Scorpion mine in Al Kharid would be the best bet as it is closest to a bank and a furnace, but players should be aware of scorpions if they have a combat level of 28 or lower. Also, the mine has intense competition over ores, so look to hop worlds. Otherwise, try the Dwarven Mine and banking in Falador east bank, or use the other mines listed below, but be aware that they are far from a bank.
- Crafting Guild mining site - 7 rocks (Brown apron and 40 crafting needed)
- Karamja Volcano mine - 4 rocks
- North Crandor Mine - 3 rocks
- Al Kharid mine - 2 rocks
- Dwarven Mine - 2 rocks
- Rimmington mine - 2 rocks
Members[edit | edit source]
A good place to mine gold is in the Arzinian Mine, after the Between a Rock... quest. Arzinian Mine is hidden in the mines south of Keldagrim. There are 168 gold rocks in this mine, and players can use the Dwarven Boatman to take their gold ore to the bank for a charge of 20% of the total gold ores, rounded up (or 10% rounded up if the ring of charos (a) is worn). For example, if the player has 26-28 gold ore in their inventory, the boatman will keep 6 gold ore for himself or 3 if the ring is worn and send the remainder to the bank.
If the Arzinian Mine or the Crafting Guild isn't an option, then the following are also available:
- North Brimhaven mine - 10 rocks
- A good method for the North Brimhaven mine if you can enter the Fisher Realm and use Fairy Rings is to bring your Magic Whistle and, if necessary, a Dramen staff. You can bank at Zanaris, use the fairy ring to get to the Fisher Realm, and then blow the whistle and be right next to the 10 gold rocks. To bank, simply run under the tower, blow the whistle, and use the ring.
- Grand Tree mine - 4 rocks
- TzHaar City mine - 3 rocks
- Agility Pyramid mine - 5 rocks
- Lunar Isle mine - 6 rocks
- Keldagrim south-west mine - 1 mineral vein (at end of southern channel)
- Outside the Brimhaven Dungeon entrance - 6 rocks
- Motherlode Mine
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|TzHaar-Hur-Lek's Ore and Gem Store (Karamja gloves)||Mor Ul Rek||0||195||52|
|TzHaar-Hur-Rin's Ore and Gem Store (Karamja gloves)||Mor Ul Rek||12||195||52|
|TzHaar-Hur-Lek's Ore and Gem Store||Mor Ul Rek||0||225||22|
|Ore seller.||Blast Furnace in Keldagrim||100||225||60|
|TzHaar-Hur-Rin's Ore and Gem Store||Mor Ul Rek||12||225||22|
|Mining rocks and sources|