|Released||22 February 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||A member of the 'Humans Against Monsters' group.|
H.A.M. members can be found in the H.A.M. Hideout north-west of Lumbridge. They are part of the Humans Against Monsters group, as such, they believe humans to be superior over what they view as inferior races. They are low ranking members that follow the orders of high-ranked members such as the H.A.M. Deacon, Sigmund, and Johanhus Ulsbrecht.
Players with 15 Thieving may pickpocket female members, while players with level 20 can pickpocket male members, receiving 18.5 and 22.2 experience respectively. If you are caught pickpocketing multiple times there is a chance you may be beaten unconscious and are taken outside of the main area. When players awaken they may find themselves inside a jail cell with Jimmy the Chisel or may find themselves thrown outside of the H.A.M. Hideout. A player can reduce their chances of being put in jail or thrown outside by wearing H.A.M. robes. Each individual piece of the H.A.M. equipment reduces the player's odds of getting booted from the hideout by about 4%; a full set of all seven pieces thus lowers the odds of being kicked out by roughly 28%. However, wearing H.A.M. robes does not increase the chances of successful pickpockets.
They are a popular source of easy clue scrolls for low-level and Ironman accounts due to their low requirements. Ironmen also benefit from buttons which are used in Animal Magnetism and rusty swords used for the Easy Ardougne Diary. During the Death to the Dorgeshuun quest the chance to receive H.A.M. robes is considerably higher.
Pickpocketing[edit | edit source]
Pickpocket chance[edit | edit source]
With differing level requirements, the success rates for H.A.M members are different between Men and Women. With the addition of the Hard Ardougne Diary, this chance gains a 10% bonus. The theoretical experience rate for Male H.A.M Members is slightly higher than their female counterpart; though this is likely to be offset by the increased odds of being caught upon failing and thrown out of the compound, or locked up in jail.
Pickpocketing info[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 7,042,740 pickpockets from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
|H.A.M Member (Female)|
|Thieving XP||18.5 xp|
Armour and Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
|Coin pouch||1||15/100||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (easy)||1||2/100[d 1]||Not sold||12|
|Damaged armour||1||4/100||Not sold||0|
|Grimy guam leaf||1||6/550||65||7|
|Rusty sword||1||4/100||Not sold||0|
- The easy clue scroll drop rate increases to 1/47 with the completion of the easy combat achievements.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 March 2020
(update | poll)
Players can no longer talk to pickpocketable H.A.M. Members, making their left-click option 'Pickpocket'.
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
|22 February 2005 –
|April-June 2005 –|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 28 June 2020. (Archived from the original on 8 September 2020.)
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 8 July 2016. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2019.) Mod Ash: "HAM kit doesn't reduce getting caught, but each piece makes you slightly less likely to be ejected after being caught."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Are you on the bit of the quest where you need it? If so, the chance of you getting HAM kit is considerably higher."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "At level 1, that'd be 53%, 46% and 29% respectively. At level 99, all of them are 94%. Interpolate linearly between those."
|Locations and scenery|