Hans is the servant of Duke Horacio and can be found walking in circles around the Lumbridge Castle courtyard. He is the oldest non-player character in RuneScape. He is easily scared, screaming and running away in fright when threatened. He can tell players how old their accounts are or how long they've spent online by talking to him. He is the brother of the flax keeper.
He played a minor role in the 2016 Birthday event, where he witnessed a seagull take a gnome child's hat. He also played a minor role in the 2018 Christmas event, where he was one of the recipients of a gift from Duke Horacio. He is given a chair from the Duke's room, which he takes in relief, having spent many years circling the castle without relief.
Hans can also be spoken to by selecting "random contact" on the NPC Contact spell. If Hans is contacted, your character will claim you are a knight coming to kill everyone in Lumbridge Castle. Hans panics in response.
- Hans is the solution to the medium anagram clue: SNAH.
- Hans is the solution to the beginner cryptic clue: Always walking around the castle grounds and somehow knows everyone's age.
- Hans is the solution to the easy cryptic clue: Speak to Hans to solve the clue.
- Hans is the solution to the hard cryptic clue: Snah? I feel all confused, like one of those cakes...
- When running scared he can be lured out of the castle walls as far as the H.A.M. Hideout's ruined chapel.
- ↑ Jagex. Postbag 4 - "Transcript:Goblins, globes and golems!", 3, by Duke Horacio. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ↑ Mod Chris L. "Capes of Distinction." 3 May 2011. RuneScape News.
- ↑ Jagex. Postbag 2 - "Transcript:Magic, Hans and Bankers!", 2, by Hans. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ↑ Hans, "2018 Christmas event", Old School RuneScape. "Oh my aching feet! A chair! Just what I've been needing! I'm going to go sit by the fountain, so pretty this time of year."
- ↑ Player character, "2018 Christmas event", Old School RuneScape. "I reckon Hans could do with a sit down as he's always on his feet."