Haunted Mine/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Zealot at the mines in Morytania on the path to Mort'ton.|
|Description||Recent forays into Morytania by some of Saradomin's more fanatical supporters have unearthed murky rumours concerning an abandoned mine in the south. Legend speaks of an unusual material, hidden in the depths of the mines, that is somehow linked to the desolation and fear that now surrounds the place. Do you have the nerve to find out more, and enter the haunted mines of Morytania?|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Cave level 1[edit | edit source]
- Follow the track west, exit the cave.
- Go south, enter the cart tunnel.
- Go east and down the ladder.
Cave level 2[edit | edit source]
- Go down the east ladder.
Cave level 3[edit | edit source]
- Go south along the moving cart's tracks to the west using the alcoves.
- Climb down the ladder.
Cave level 4[edit | edit source]
- Pick a glowing fungus. Don't take any random events that teleport you out of the mine from now on or your fungus will turn to ash.
- Go NW and place the fungus in the searchable cart.
- Go NW to check the points settings. (Board on a wall)
- Write down which levers need to change to match the correct setting to get to the ladder in the top-right corner.
- The initial configuration will be different for each player. See pictures for the correct configuration and labels on each lever.
- Go SE and pull the needed levers (between A-E).
- Go NW and pull the needed levers (between F-K).
- Return to the point settings and click start.
If you mess up and the cart does not reach its destination, you will need to grab another fungus, put it in the mine cart and send it down the track before continuing.
Finding the cart again[edit | edit source]
- Go up the ladder by the glowing fungus spawn.
- Go north past the haunted cart, then east, climb up the ladder.
- Go west, climb up the ladder.
- Go west and exit the cave.
- Go north and enter the cave.
- Climb down the nearby ladder.
- Go NE and climb down the ladder by the door.
- Go West then North and climb down the ladder.
- Search the cart for the fungus and take it.
Water valve[edit | edit source]
- Climb up the ladder and start saving your run energy for after you turn the water valve in the next step.
- Go all the way east then south past the moving cart.
- Climb down the ladder.
- Head south and use the Zealot’s key on the water valve.
- Note: If you forgot a chisel be sure to grab the one near the lift before you open the valve; you won't have enough time to pick it up while running there.
- Quickly run to the lift and take it down.
- Go South then East and down the stairs.
- Go through the door.
- Pick up the innocent-looking key to start the boss fight.
- Kill Treus Dayth.
A good way to lure this boss is to strike him and run close and force him into the north eastern corner Then run to the end of the shaft and attack from a distance this stops him teleporting and negates crane damage making the fight very easy
- Pick up the key
- go back up the eastern stairs.
- Go west and down those stairs.
- Open the door and cut the crystal outcrop with your chisel.
Additional tips[edit | edit source]
- Players can use a ball of wool on a salve shard to make a salve amulet.
- The crystal-mine key, obtained after killing Treus Dayth, can be added to the steel key ring.
- Unless the player has a low defence or prayer level, it is often more efficient to rush the boss directly, tanking the crane hits than it is to spend time navigating the area.
- Mining mithril ore within the abandoned mine is a hard task in the Morytania Diary. You can receive a pickaxe by attempting to take one of the pickaxes laying on the ground near the bottom of the lift, which will come to life (level-50) before dropping an Iron Pickaxe. There is also a spawn of a bronze pickaxe at the top of the lift, just to the west.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 22,000 Strength experience
- The ability to make the Salve amulet, which when equipped gives combat bonuses against undead monsters.
- Access to a shortcut to the crystal outcrops
- Access to Tarn's Lair