The helm of Neitiznot is a helmet awarded to players upon completing The Fremennik Isles quest and requires a Defence level of 55 to wear. While it is tradeable, players may only equip the helm if they have completed The Fremennik Isles quest.
Its stats are roughly akin to those of a berserker helm. However, the helm of Neitiznot has an additional +3 prayer bonus, +1 crush and +3 magic defence bonuses, and does not possess negative magic and ranged attack bonuses (+0 vs. the berserker helm being -5 for both). The helmet's substantial bonuses, along with it being non-degradable and cheap, make it one of the most frequently used helmets.
If the helm is lost, Mawnis Burowgar will return the helm for a "handling fee" of 50,000 coins. The drop trick may be used to obtain multiple helmets when purchasing from him.
The helmet can be upgraded to the Neitiznot faceguard after completion of The Fremennik Exiles quest by combining the helm of Neitiznot and a basilisk jaw. You can only do this after asking Olaf the Bard for stories about basilisk jaws while having it in your inventory.
When attaching a Basilisk jaw to the helmet
- Attach the jaw to the helmet?
You attach the Basilisk Jaw to the Helm of Neitiznot.
- (End of dialogue)
- Upon release, casting High Level Alchemy on the helmet would yield more coins than it costs to buy; however, this was swiftly noticed and corrected by the developers.
- The helm of Neitiznot was originally an untradeable item for the first day after release. However, this was quickly changed after player feedback due to it negatively affecting PVP and allowing people to risk less.
- After the quest is complete, Mawnis Burowgar is seen without the helmet on as the player is named champion and the rightful owner of the helmet.
- Despite being a tradeable item which can be obtained multiple times, there is implied to be only one helmet in existence; when the player loses it, Mawnis Burgowar's scouts find it.