Herb patches are Farming patches in which players can grow herbs. Herbs are primarily used in the Herblore skill. Most herb patches also have a compost bin, a tool leprechaun, an allotment and a flower patch nearby. All herbs take 80 minutes to grow before you can harvest them. Each patch requires one seed to begin growing that herb type.
Unlike allotments, there is no way to protect herbs from disease, unless using a disease-free patch. Players can check on the herbs regularly and apply plant cure if needed to save a diseased plant. It is highly recommended to use ultracompost on valuable herb crops, as it will greatly reduce the death risk and you will always get at least 6 herbs per seed provided it doesn't die. Yield boosting equipment such as the magic secateurs is also highly beneficial to players.
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Many herb patches possess unique bonuses either after unlocking or once a requirement is fulfilled:
- 10% increased xp using the patch south of Falador after completing the Medium Falador diary.
- 5, 10, and 15% extra yield using the patch north of Catherby with completion of the medium, hard, and elite Kandarin diaries respectively.
- 5% extra yield using the patch in the second tier of the Farming guild with completion of the hard Kourend & Kebos Diary.
- 5% extra yield using the patch in Hosidius with completion of the hard Kourend & Kebos Diary.
- 10% extra yield on all herb patches when wielding Magic secateurs.
- 5% extra yield on all herb patches when wearing a Farming cape.
- 5% extra chance to save a life on all herb patches with a planted Attas seed.
- Disease-free patches Trollheim and Weiss unlocked with My Arm's Big Adventure and Making Friends with My Arm respectively.
- Disease-free patch in Hosidius with 50% Hosidius favour.
Herb seeds[edit | edit source]
|Level||Seed||Growth time ||Experience||Uses||Average Profit|
(Ultracompost and Magic Secateurs) 
|4×20 mins||11||12.5||98.5||Ingredient of||-542.8|
|4×20 mins||16||18||142||Ingredient of||56.96|
|4×20 mins||21.5||24||189.5||Ingredient of||4,236.6|
|4×20 mins||27||30.5||240.5||Ingredient of||24,677.04|
|4×20 mins||34||38.5||303.5||Ingredient of||17,501.28|
|4×20 mins||43||48.5||382.5||Ingredient of||4,785.76|
|4×20 mins||54.5||61.5||485||Ingredient of||15,858.2|
|4×20 mins||69||78||615||Ingredient of||11,425.4|
|4×20 mins||87.5||98.5||777||Ingredient of||24,861.4|
|4×20 mins||106.5||120||946.5||Ingredient of||11,365.8|
|4×20 mins||134.5||151.5||1,195||Ingredient of||10,090.52|
|4×20 mins||170.5||192||1,514.5||Ingredient of||3,536.44|
|4×20 mins||199.5||224.5||1,771||Ingredient of||21,018.24|
Herb patches[edit | edit source]
|South of Falador||Elstan|
|West of Port Phasmatys||Lyra|
|North of Catherby||Dantaera|
|North of Ardougne||Kragen|
|Southwest corner of Hosidius||Marisi|
|1 Herb||Roof of Troll Stronghold
Requires completion of My Arm's Big Adventure
|My Arm/Drunken Dwarf's Leg
|1 Herb||Harmony Island
Requires completion of the elite Morytania Diary
Requires completion of Making Friends with My Arm and the construction of the Fire of Nourishment
|1 Herb||Farming Guild
Requires 65 Farming and 60% Hosidius favour to enter west wing of the Guild
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|• There is now a herb patch located on Harmony Island that you can use if you have completed the Morytania Elite Diary.|
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 November 2019. (Archived from the original on 25 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Percentage reduction on losing a life at each roll - specifically 5%."
- N×20 mins means the crop will grow a little for each 20 minutes. This happens N times until it is fully grown.
- Assumes average of 8.56 herbs per seed in a standard (non-protected) herb patch based on empirical data from Herbs/Ultracompost.
- This experience is gained upon harvesting the herb, rather than when planting it.
- Assume 7 herbs are picked.