Herb seeds refer to any seed used to grow herbs by using the Farming skill. They are planted in a herb patch by using one seed on any patch. A common way to obtain these seeds is through Managing Miscellania, if the player has set their workers on farming herbs.
Unlike allotments, there is no way to protect herbs from disease. Players need to check on the herbs regularly and apply plant cure if needed to save a diseased plant. Seeing as this is somewhat impractical, most players will ignore this step. This will ensure you get the most out of the herb's grow time.
There are herb only patches in the Troll Stronghold, Hosidius and in Weiss, which will never become diseased, and can be used upon the completion of the quest My Arm's Big Adventure, obtaining 50% favour with Hosidius, and completing Making Friends with My Arm respectively.
It is highly recommended to use ultracompost on every herb patch planted, as it will greatly reduce the death risk and you will always get at least 6 herbs per seed provided it doesn't die, and that you use yield boosting equipment such as the magic secateurs.
List of herb seeds[edit | edit source]
|Level||Seed||Growth time ||Experience||Uses||Seed Price||Average Profit|
(Ultracompost and Magic Secateurs) 
|4×20 mins||11||12.5||98.5||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||16||18||142||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||21.5||24||189.5||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||27||30.5||240.5||Ingredient of||59,888||17,776.04|
|4×20 mins||34||38.5||303.5||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||43||48.5||382.5||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||54.5||61.5||485||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||69||78||615||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||87.5||98.5||777||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||106.5||120||946.5||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||134.5||151.5||1195||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||170.5||192||1514.5||Ingredient of
|4×20 mins||199.5||224.5||1771||Ingredient of
- N×20 mins means the crop will grow a little for each 20 minutes. This happens N times until it is fully grown.
- Assumes average of 8.56 herbs per seed in a standard (non-protected) herb patch based on empirical data from Herbs/Ultracompost.
- This experience is gained upon harvesting the herb, rather than when planting it.
- Assume 7 herbs are picked.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- For a few weeks before the Farming skill was released in late June and early July 2006, all herb seeds were simply named 'herb seeds' and different types of seeds would form different stacks in players' inventories and banks. When the skill was released, the seeds were automatically identified.
References[edit | edit source]