|Released||5 November 2015 (Update)|
|Inventory||Smells a little fishy.|
|Follower||A long-legged bird that likes to fish.|
|FAQ • doc|
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
When fishing, the pet is prioritised over the resource gathered. For example, if there is one last inventory space while fishing, and the player already has a pet following them, the pet will appear in the inventory instead, while the fish will drop to the ground. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Drop rate[edit | edit source]
Shown below are the base chances of receiving a heron.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Fishing level. The only exceptions are the Fishing Trawler and minnows, which are always a flat 1/5,000 and 1/977,778 respectively, regardless of level.
The fastest method on average to receive the heron is through 2-tick fishing, specifically tuna and swordfish. If not using tick manipulation, karambwans are the fastest alternative.
|Big net fishing||382,609|
|Fishing Trawler minigame||5,000|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dialogue between the heron and the player is likely a nod to a similar quote in the Disney Pixar film Finding Nemo.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 11 January 2016. Mod John C: "Skill Pet Drop Rates part 2 - Heron! "
- Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 11 January 2016. Mod John C: "Your level doesn't help with Trawler, it is the one exception."
- MM Rework/Torag's Hammers/Shackle - OSRS Q&A - 6 July, 2017
- Jagex. Mod Roq's Twitter account. 22 June 2017. Mod Roq: "Infernal skilling drop rates: Heron = 1/160000 - (fishing level*25) Rocky = 1/176743 - (thieving level*25)"