Historian Duffy is found with the Varrock Museum expedition on Mount Quidamortem, along with the Natural Historian, Gnosi, and the Mountain Guide.
During Tale of the Righteous, he accompanies Gnosi and the Natural Historian into the cave west of the Mountain. He will come to the conclusion that the cave predates Xeric himself, and wonders if it was King Shayzien VII who created the lizardmen. He will add that some believe the two are one and the same.
After the quest, he remains in the cave to further study the temple.
- Player: Hello. What are you doing here?
- Historian Duffy: Duffy's the name. I'm a natural historian from Varrock Museum. My team and I are here to explore this mountain.
- Player: It's just an old mountain isn't it? What natural history are you hoping to find here?
- Historian Duffy: Bahaha, you adventurers are all the same, never seeing past the fights and treasure...
- Historian Duffy: This Mountain is steeped in natural history, but our main focus is to study the lizard creatures that surround this area.
- Player: You're studying lizardmen?
- Historian Duffy: Indeed, they're a fascinating species! We're hoping to learn about their origins and how they've evolved.
- Historian Duffy: However, we're not very familiar with this region so we've enlisted the help of the Kourend Grand Library to aid us in our research.
- Player: What have you learned so far?
- Historian Duffy: Well, we have a theory that lizard creatures aren't natural at all, but were created by dark magical experiments.
- Historian Duffy: Right now we're looking for evidence to prove this theory, but's it's proving somewhat difficult.
- Player: Can I help at all?
- Historian Duffy: No thanks adventurer, natural history studies are delicate and precise... but if we ever need something haphazardly destroyed we'll let you know.
- Player: Not all adventurers only care about fighting, you know... I was only offering to help.
- Historian Duffy: We don't need your help. Run along now, go and play in the dungeons with the other adventurers. I hear they're full of monsters to fight!
- Historian Duffy: Try not to get yourself killed, it would be such a tragedy!
After completion of Tale of the Righteous:
- Player: How are things going?
- Historian Duffy: Good thanks. Now that we've found this cave, we're learning more about the Lizardmen than ever before.