Holy water is a Ranged weapon that is used just like throwing knives and darts; however, it is only effective against demons. Holy water is non-tradeable and has a +6 Ranged attack bonus when wielded. As a demonbane weapon it has bonus accuracy and bonus damage versus demons.
The making of holy water is learned during the Legends' Quest. It cannot be made by players who have not made sufficient progress into the quest. A blessed gold bowl, blessed by Gujuo, can be used to transfer the pure sparkling clear water found within the Kharazi pool into enchanted vials to make holy water. Once the water is gathered into the bowl via a hollow reed, which is cut from the tall reed plants by the pool with a machete, it will need to be poured into enchanted vials, which, when filled, are stackable. One bowl will fill 10 enchanted vials. It is also possible to enchant the vials and siphon the sparkling water directly from the pool into the vials, but this is slower, since only one vial is filled per reed.
The most effective way to make holy water in bulk, is to wear a machete and the Karamja gloves 3. Then:
- Bring 28 bowls to the pool, drop one
- Cut a hollow reed, fill the bowls
- Drop a full bowl, pick up the empty bowl you previously dropped
- Fill that one, drop the reed
- Pick up the full one, and teleport to Shilo Village with your gloves
- Go to the Shilo Village bank, and fill the enchanted vials there.
It is important to note that if you try to leave the jungle on foot, the water will disappear from your bowls.
- The inventory icon was originally re-used for Divine potions, with the colour changed to represent the various combat potions until July 2nd, 2020.