Horror from the Deep/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak with Larrissa, who is outside the Lighthouse, north of Barbarian Outpost.|
|Description||The lighthouse protecting Kandarin's north-western coastline has mysteriously stopped operating, and contact with the lighthouse keeper Jossik has been lost. The Council would greatly appreciate it if somebody could discover for them what has happened to this most vital landscape feature.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- To begin the quest use the fairy ring code ALP to teleport to the lighthouse. Alternatively, one could teleport to the Barbarian Outpost using a games necklace or Grouping teleport then hop over the rocks to the north to reach the lighthouse.
- Talk to Larrissa.
- Run east to the second bridge, use a plank on it.
- Jump the bridge and use a second plank on it.
- Head over to Barbarian Outpost, enter the Barbarian Outpost Agility arena and talk to Gunnjorn for a key. In order to enter the arena, you need to have completed the barcrawl miniquest.
- While at the outpost, prepare for the battle against the Dagannoth and Dagonnoth Mother.
- (Optional) Complete a lap of the Agility course to complete a medium Kandarin task.
- Go to the roof of the lighthouse and use the swamp tar, tinderbox, and molten glass on the lighting mechanism.
- Climb down to the basement, use 1 of each elemental rune, any sword, and any arrow on the strange wall.
- Open the eastern strange wall of the doorway, climb down the ladder and talk to Jossik.
- Kill the level 100 Dagannoth then the level 100 Dagannoth Mother by using any elemental magic attack from the table below.
Image Colour Weakness Attack Using White Air spells Wind Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, or Surge. Blue Water spells Water Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, or Surge. Brown Earth spells Earth Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, or Surge. Red Fire spells Fire Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, or Surge. Orange Melee Melee attacks. Green Ranged Ranged attacks.
After the fight[edit | edit source]
You'll get a rusty casket after you defeat the Dagannoth Mother. Go to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the lighthouse and show it to Jossik to finish the quest. (Note: If your inventory is full when killing the Dagannoth Mother you will not receive the casket. Instead, go and talk to Jossik upstairs who will say he picked up the casket after you left it on the ground.)
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 4662 Magic experience
- 4662 Strength experience
- 4662 Ranged experience
- A damaged book of your choice which, when complete, will become: a Holy book (Saradomin), an Unholy book (Zamorak), or a Book of balance (Guthix).
- Access to the Lighthouse general store and the Dagannoth caves underneath. (There are level 74 and 92 dagannoth. Both use a Ranged attack that has low accuracy, but the level 92 ones will try to use their much more effective Melee attack whenever they can.)