|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|No. of banks||0|
|No. of altars||0|
|Location on World Map|
|Goblin Village||←||Ice Mountain||→||Edgeville Monastery|
Ice Mountain is located just northwest of Barbarian Village, and the main entrance to the Dwarven Mine is located on its lower southern slope. It dominates northern Asgarnia, and is Asgarnia's only remaining region in which it snows year-round.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use a combat bracelet to teleport to the Edgeville Monastery and go south and west. This is the faster way to reach the ramp to the mountain.
- Cast Lassar Teleport from Ancient Magicks to teleport on top of mountain.
- Enter the Dwarven Mine from Falador (either directly or via the Mining Guild) and travel to the mine's exit on the mountain.
- Use the Keldagrim mine cart system to go to the Dwarven Mine and then exit onto the mountain. Players can enter the cart system in Keldagrim or in the tunnel under White Wolf Mountain.
- Use a skull sceptre to teleport to Barbarian Village and then walk west to the mountain.
Mountain features[edit | edit source]
The mountain is accessible from its eastern side, from the ramp marked by two standing torches.
The mountain is dotted with dead trees. The northern peak has a White tree, which is featured in the Garden of Tranquillity quest, and the Oracle, who is involved in the Dragon Slayer quest and some Treasure Trails clues. The Oracle has tattered clothing, and she is white from staying in the cold so long. When talked to, she gives random pieces of advice and RuneScape versions of old sayings. On Members' worlds (only), icefiends roam the mountaintop and are good training monsters for lower-levelled players.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the map of DeviousMUD (the forerunner to RuneScape), Ice Mountain was originally to be called "Snowy Mountain".