|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Quest item||Heroes' Quest|
|Examine||These will keep my hands cold!|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
Ice gloves are dropped by the Ice Queen in White Wolf Mountain. A pickaxe is needed to reach the queen in order to mine through some rocks, which requires a Mining level of 50 (this can be boosted). Although the Ice Queen is a high level, she is still easy to kill, especially when you are using Protect from Melee. You do not need to start Heroes' Quest to obtain the ice gloves, and the gloves can be re-obtained as many times as the player wishes. These gloves are obtainable as a skiller. See the Fight section of the Ice Queen page.
The ice gloves have many uses, inside and outside quests:
- in Heroes' Quest, required to pick up the Entrana firebird's fire feather
- in Clock Tower, optionally used to pick up the black cog
- in Desert Treasure, required to wield any weapon against Fareed
- in Recipe for Disaster, optionally used to cool the dwarven rock cake and to cook the brulee supreme.
- in Recipe for Disaster, required to wield any weapon against Flambeed.
- in The Fremennik Exiles, to put the pet rock into the geyser and retrieve it again
- used to catch infernal eels in Mor Ul Rek
- used to not take damage when succeeding to pickpocket a TzHaar-Hur in Mor Ul Rek
- used to collect hot bars at the Blast Furnace without using a bucket of water.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Subquest of Recipe for Disaster|