Icthlarin's Little Helper/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||North-east of the entrance to Sophanem. Speak to the Wanderer.|
|Description||In the deep south of the desert, unrest is brewing... The cities of the Menaphites have barred their gates to all. An unsettling desert wanderer may know of a secret entrance though, to Sophanem - the city of the dead. Will you become Icthlarin's Little Helper by entering? Enter into a titanic struggle for the soul of the high priest of Icthlarin in a land where the cat is top dog.|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: If you need to leave Sophanem at any point during the quest, there is a hole you can crawl through on the eastern wall. To get back in, enter the rocks on the east side of the Wanderer's tent. There is a bank in Nardah if needed.
Note: For pit jump: more run energy helps a lot (try to do it at 100%) as does more agility. At low run energy you are way more likely to fall in the pit.
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Wanderer north-east of Sophanem (see picture) and ask why she has a problem with your cat.
- Talk to the Wanderer again to give her a tinderbox and waterskin(4).
- Touch the door of the pyramid where you wake up.
The first flashback[edit | edit source]
- Navigate by clicking the minimap to automatically avoid the traps.
- Jump the pit (20% minimum energy required, 2 free hands help, more run energy also helps, as does agility).
- Go west and open the door.
- Click on the large golden bird to reset the puzzle until it lands on the solution shown in the image on this page. Then click the tiles indicated on the picture.
The sphinx[edit | edit source]
Items required: Cat
The second flashback[edit | edit source]
- Return to the pyramid (right-click door and open) and jump the pit again to trigger the next flashback.
- Open the western door (directly south of you) and take the canopic jar back (you can only pick up the correct one).
- A level 75 or 81 enemy (see the guardians in the info box above) will appear, kill it and take the jar. (DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE JAR AFTER KILLING THE ENEMY!)
- Leave the room and jump across the pit.
- Jump back across the pit.
- Solve the western door puzzle and drop the jar where you found it.
- Leave the room again and jump across the pit once more.
- Exit the pyramid via the entrance ladder.
Preparing for the ceremony[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the High Priest.
- Go to the house south of the church and talk to the Embalmer.
- Talk to the Embalmer again to give him the linen, salt, and sap
- Go east and talk to the Carpenter.
- Talk to the Carpenter again and give him your willow logs.
- Talk to the Carpenter once more to get the holy symbol.
The third flashback[edit | edit source]
- Enter the pyramid (right click, open door).
- Jump the gap again to trigger the 3rd flashback.
- Enter the east door and use the holy/unholy symbol on any sarcophagus. Exit the room.
- Jump back across the pit and enter the eastern room again.
- Kill the level 91 Possessed Priest.
- Talk to the High Priest.
The fourth flashback[edit | edit source]
- Exit the pyramid.
- Talk to the High Priest in the temple.
Note: If you equip your catspeak amulet and then talk to your cat about being confused, you will unlock another cutscene! Talking with your cat again about being confused will tell you the story of the quest as it understands it. If asked again, your cat will refuse to explain it again and instead tells you to ask one of your adventuring buddies and the chat option will go away.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 4,500 Thieving experience
- 4,000 Agility experience
- 4,000 Woodcutting experience
- Catspeak amulet
- Access to the city of Sophanem
- Unlock the carpet rides from Pollnivneach to Sophanem and Menaphos
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completing this quest is required for: