An impling jar is a butterfly jar treated with Imp Repellent. These jars are used to catch implings in both the Impetuous Impulses minigame and all over Gielinor. Impling jars cannot be used to catch butterflies. When opening a caught impling in a jar, the jar has a 10% chance of being destroyed.
Players can receive a one-time-only donation of 7 impling jars (as well as a butterfly net) from Elnock Inquisitor by asking him for some spare equipment.
There are various ways to obtain additional impling jars after burning through Elnock's initial gift, the most notable of which once again involve the gnomish inquisitor:
- One captured impling of any kind can be traded for three jars at Elnock's Exchange.
- Jars can also be purchased from Elnock Inquisitor for 2,000 coins each, limited to 10 jars per day.
- A jar generator holding 100 charges can be obtained from him, 3 of which are consumed when generating a jar (meaning one generator can yield a maximum of 33 jars).
Two more sources for impling jars exist that do not involve Elnock Inquisitor:
- The lunar spell hunter Kit can be cast to acquire a hunter kit, which can be opened receive (amongst others) an impling jar.
- An impling jar can also be made from scratch, which involves coating a regular butterfly jar with a mixture of anchovy paste and flowers (see below). Due to its elaborate nature however, this method is generally not recommend.
- ^ Any jarred impling can be traded in for three impling jars.
|Members||Ticks||1 (0.6s) |
- ^ Generating an impling jar will consume 3 charges out of a 100 total.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
. To force an update of this list, click here
. For an exhaustive list, see here
|20 January 2021
Elnock can now perform a number of services:
- Toggle whether or not players get Strength XP from pushing magical wheat.
- Store a butterfly net, imp repellent and up to 1,000 impling jars.
- Trade for up to ten jars a day for 2,000 coins each.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 November 2018. (Archived from the original on 23 July 2019.) Mod Ash: "[What are the chances of an impling jar breaking when opening it?] 10% flat rate, I think."