An impling jar is a butterfly jar treated with Imp Repellent. These jars are used to catch implings in both the Impetuous Impulses minigame and all over Gielinor. When opening a caught impling in a jar, the jar has a 10% chance of being destroyed.
Impling jars cannot be used to catch butterflies.
|Members||Ticks||66 (39.6s) |
- Make it yourself: (items required for 1 jar: 8 cooked anchovies, pestle and mortar, 1 vial, 1 flowers, 1 butterfly jar)
- Grind up 8 cooked anchovies with a pestle and mortar to make 8 anchovy paste.
- Get a sieve from the chemist (requires completion of Druidic Ritual) and use it on the anchovy paste with a vial in your inventory to get anchovy oil. (Uses 8 anchovy paste per vial.)
- Use flowers with the vial; you can get flowers by planting mithril seeds, or buying them from the Miscellania flower girl. Marigolds (level 2 farming), rosemary (level 11 farming) and nasturtiums (level 24 farming) can also be used. You will get imp repellent. Doing this gives you 5 experience in Herblore.
- Use the vial with the lamp oil still at the Chemist's House in Rimmington. The one in Dorgesh-Kaan does not work. The still must not have any lamp oil already in it.
- Finally, use a butterfly jar with the lamp oil still.
- Ask Elnock Inquisitor if he has any spare equipment (once only), he will give you a butterfly net and 7 empty impling jars.
- Trade Elnock one captured impling of any type for three jars.
- Use a jar generator. This uses 3% of its charges, meaning a maximum of 33 could be created by one generator.
- Cast the Hunter Kit lunar spell for a hunter kit containing an impling jar.
- Purchase from Elnock Inquisitor for 2,000 coins.
Implings that can be captured include:
|20 January 2021
Elnock can now perform a number of services:
- Toggle whether or not players get Strength XP from pushing magical wheat.
- Store a butterfly net, imp repellent and up to 1,000 impling jars.
- Trade for up to ten jars a day for 2,000 coins each.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 November 2018. (Archived from the original on 23 July 2019.) Mod Ash: "[What are the chances of an impling jar breaking when opening it?] 10% flat rate, I think."