In Aid of the Myreque/Quick guide
- Warning: You need to be on regular spellbook to complete this quest, since you need to cast Lvl-1 Enchant.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Go to Canifis and down the ladder behind the pub there, through the secret wall and squeeze past the stalagmite on the east side of the cave. Speak to Veliaf.|
|Description||After the attack on the Myreque by Vanstrom Klause and with the deaths of both Sani and Harold, Veliaf is counting on you to help. Now that the Myreque freedom fighters' base camp has been revealed, they'll need to move on and set up base somewhere else. Veliaf has heard of a little known village south of Mort'ton, referred to as 'Burgh de Rott'. This could be just the place to set up operations to strike back against the evil of Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan and his Vampyric overlordship in Morytania. And who knows what other secrets about Morytania and its dark past will be revealed?|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Climb down the trapdoor behind the Canifis pub.
- Search the wall and enter the cave entrance just southeast.
- Talk to Veliaf Hurtz.
Patching up Burgh De Rott[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Mort'ton teleport and food you don't mind losing (at least 1 piece is required, but 5 pieces is recommended if running past ghasts, OR 1 with full druid pouches), a pickaxe, a spade, 1-5 buckets, a hammer, 44 nails, 11 planks, 1 swamp paste (If you have completed Shades of Mort'ton you can get the hammer, planks, and swamp paste from the Mort'ton builder shop.). These initial items should be brought unnoted so you can fix the town. 3 tinderboxes, 10 bronze axes, 10 raw mackerels or 10 snails (depending on what is asked). Tinderboxes, axes, and mackerel/ snails can be brought noted then sold to the General store in Mort'ton to unnote them. You cannot use the general store trick as an ironman.
- Talk to Florin through the gate to Burgh de Rott.
- Put a piece of food into the open chest, then open the gate.
- Talk to Razvan near the pub.
- Enter the pub, climb over the broken down wall, then use your pickaxe on the rubble blocking the trapdoor.
- Climb down and mine the rest of the rubble. Anything you drop in the basement will be lost upon leaving.
- Use your spade on the remnants to fill the buckets. There is enough here to fill five buckets.
- When finished, use the buckets of rubble on the rubble pile outside the pub.
- Talk to Razvan again.
- Talk to Aurel in the general store to the north-east.
- Climb up the ladder right outside.
- Use 3 planks and 12 nails on the broken roof of the store.
- Climb back down and Use 3 planks on the damaged wall of the general store.
- Talk to Aurel again to get a crate.
- If you weren't able to bring all of the items, head to a bank now to get the remaining items for this section. (If Shades of Mort'ton is completed, the food, tinderboxes, axes, and planks can be brought as bank notes; sell the items to Razmire [General store in Mort'ton] and buy them back to unnote)
- Add 10 bronze axes, 10 raw mackerels or 10 snails (depending on what is asked), and 3 tinderboxes to the crate.
- Talk to Aurel.
- Talk to Cornelius in the bank.
- Use a hammer with 2 planks, 1 swamp paste, and 8 nails on the broken bank booth
- Use a hammer with 3 planks and 12 nails on the damaged wall outside.
- Talk to Cornelius to recruit him.
You now have access to the Burgh de Rott bank.
Defending the village[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Razvan.
- Repair the furnace to the southeast. Use your steel bars, then coal, then tinderbox on the furnace.
- Talk to Gadderanks in the general store.
- Talk to the Vampyre Juvinate in the store.
- Talk to Wiskit.
- Kill Gadderanks and the 2 juvinates (you'll need a silver weapon or Wolfbane dagger or Efaritay's aid to damage them).
- Talk to Gadderanks.
- Talk to Veliaf Hurtz.
Transporting Ivan[edit | edit source]
Items required: Combat equipment (including a silver weapon or Efaritay's aid) to defeat 2 level 75 (or 4 level 50) Vampyre Juvinates. Also, take snail, salmon, slimy eel or stew for Ivan Strom. Some steel armour (steel med helm, chainbody and platelegs) would also be highly recommended. Deposit any followers you have into your bank as Ivan Strom will refuse to leave if you have one, even in your inventory.
- Talk to Veliaf Hurtz in the hideout where the quest started. (The room under the Canifis pub)
- Talk to Polmafi Ferdygris.
- Highly Recommended: Give Ivan Strom some food (he only takes snail, salmon, slimy eel, or stew) and steel armour (he only takes a steel med helm, steel chainbody, and steel platelegs) before leaving.
- Talk to Ivan Strom to go on a simplified version of Temple Trekking and take either the short or long route. (you can't bring a pet - it must be banked!)
- Kill the Vampyre Juvinates before they can kill Ivan Strom.
- Tip: Alternate your attacks between them so they stay focused on you. Also, it may be possible to talk to Ivan to prevent the vampyre from attacking him
- After you're done escorting Ivan, talk to Drezel in the underground temple for a key.
- Use the key on the keyhole on the eastern wall and climb down the trapdoor.
- Search the bookcases in the hidden room until you find The sleeping seven (The title of the book at the top when reading it is "The Sleeping Seven"). Read it.
The rod of Ivandis[edit | edit source]
Items required: Hammer, soft clay, a mithril bar, a silver bar, a water rune or staff, a cosmic rune, a cut sapphire and a rope. (optional: teleportation back to Burgh de Rott to finish quest) . Recommended teleport to a furnace.
- Return to the room under the Canifis pub, then go to the blockaded cave entrance just south-east of the wall.
- Use a hammer on the wooden boards and enter the cave.
- Use your soft clay on the coffin to make a rod mould.
- Go to any furnace with your mould, a silver bar, a mithril bar and a sapphire, and craft a silvthrill rod. (Fairy ring DKR for Edgeville Furnace.)
- Cast Lvl-1 Enchant on the rod.
- Use the rod on the well underneath the Paterdomus temple (where Drezel was) with a rope in your inventory. (Nearest fairy ring code: CKS.)
- Return to the Burgh de Rott pub basement with the Rod of Ivandis (it must be in your inventory, not equipped), then speak to Veliaf.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 2,000 Attack experience
- 2,000 Strength experience
- 2,000 Crafting experience
- 2,000 Defence experience
- Access to the Temple Trekking minigame
- A Gadderhammer from defeating Gadderanks
- The ability to make the Rod of Ivandis
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of In Aid of the Myreque is required for the following: