In Aid of the Myreque/Quick guide
|In Aid of the Myreque (#101)|
|Release date||22 March 2006 (Update)|
In Aid of the Myreque is the second quest in the Myreque quest series. After discovering the secret group called the Myreque, the player must now help them move to a new location in Burgh de Rott, where they would be closer to the heart of their vampyre oppressors.
- Warning: You need to be on regular spellbook to complete this quest, since you need to cast Lvl-1 Enchant.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Go to Canifis and down the ladder behind the pub there, through the secret wall and squeeze past the stalagmite on the east side of the cave. Speak to Veliaf.|
|Description||After the attack on the Myreque by Vanstrom Klause and with the deaths of both Sani and Harold, Veliaf is counting on you to help. Now that the Myreque freedom fighters' base camp has been revealed, they'll need to move on and set up base somewhere else. Veliaf has heard of a little known village south of Mort'ton, referred to as 'Burgh de Rott'. This could be just the place to set up operations to strike back against the evil of Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan and his Vampyric overlordship in Morytania. And who knows what other secrets about Morytania and its dark past will be revealed?|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Climb down the trapdoor behind the Canifis pub.
- Search the wall and go south to the recess, and squeeze past the stalagmites.
- Talk to Veliaf Hurtz.
Patching up Burgh De Rott[edit | edit source]
Items needed: At least 6 semi-free inventory spaces, Mort'ton teleport and food you don't mind losing (at least 1 piece is required, but 5 pieces is recommended if running past ghasts, or 1 with full druid pouches or Mort'ton teleport), a pickaxe, a spade, 1-5 buckets, a hammer, 44 nails, 11 planks, 1 swamp paste (If you have completed Shades of Mort'ton you can get the hammer, planks, and swamp paste from the Mort'ton builder shop.), 3 tinderboxes, 10-12 Bronze Axes.
- Talk to Florin through the gate to Burgh de Rott.
- Put a piece of food into the open chest, then open the gate.
- Talk to Razvan near the pub.
- Enter the pub, climb over the broken down wall, then use your pickaxe on the rubble blocking the trapdoor.
- Climb down and mine the rest of the rubble. Anything you drop in the basement will be lost upon leaving.
- Use your spade on the remnants to fill the buckets. There is enough here to fill five buckets.
- The items dug up can be safely dropped, unless you need the nails
- When finished, use the buckets of rubble on the rubble pile outside the pub.
- Search the rubble pile to get a plaster fragment and a dusty scroll.
- Talk to Razvan again.
- Talk to Aurel in the general store to the north-east.
- Climb up the ladder right outside.
- Use 3 planks on the broken roof of the store.
- Climb back down and Use 3 planks on the damaged wall of the general store.
- Talk to Aurel again to get a crate.
- If you weren't able to bring all of the items, head to a bank now to get the remaining items for this section.
- Add 10-12 bronze axes, 10 raw mackerels or 10 snails (depending on what is asked), and 3 tinderboxes to the crate.
- Talk to Aurel.
- Talk to Cornelius in the bank.
- Use 2 planks and 1 swamp paste on the broken bank booth, then add 3 planks on the damaged wall outside.
- Talk to Cornelius to recruit him.
You now have access to the Burgh de Rott bank.
Defending the village[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Razvan.
- Repair the furnace to the southeast. Use your steel bars, then coal, then tinderbox on the furnace.
- Talk to Gadderanks in the general store.
- Talk to the Vampyre Juvinate in the store.
- Talk to Wiskit.
- Kill Gadderanks and the 2 juvinates (you'll need a silver weapon or Efaritay's aid to damage them).
- Talk to Gadderanks.
- Talk to Veliaf Hurtz next to you.
Transporting Ivan[edit | edit source]
Items required: Combat equipment (including a silver weapon or Efaritay's aid) to defeat 2 level 75 (or 4 level 50) Vampyre Juvinates. Also, take snail, salmon, slimy eel or stew for Ivan Strom. Some steel armour (steel med helm, chainbody and platelegs) would also be highly recommended.
- Talk to Veliaf Hurtz in the hideout where the quest started.
- Talk to Polmafi Ferdygris.
- Highly Recommended: Give Ivan Strom some food (he only takes snail, salmon, slimy eel, or stew) and steel armour (he only takes a steel med helm, steel chainbody, and steel platelegs) before leaving.
- Talk to Ivan Strom to go on a simplified version of Temple Trekking and take either the short or long route.
- Kill the Vampyre Juvinates before they can kill Ivan Strom.
- Tip: Alternate your attacks between them so they stay focused on you. Also, it may be possible to talk to Ivan to prevent the vampyre from attacking him
The rod of Ivandis[edit | edit source]
Items required: Hammer, soft clay, a mithril bar, a silver bar, a water rune or staff, a cosmic rune, a cut sapphire and a rope. (optional: teleportation back to Burgh de Rott to finish quest) .
- Talk to Drezel in the underground temple for a key.
- Use the key on the keyhole on the eastern wall and climb down the trapdoor.
- Search the bookcases in the hidden room until you find an ancient book, "Seven Warriors." (The title of the book is "The Sleeping Seven.") Read it.
- Return to the room under the Canifis pub, then go to the blockaded cave entrance just south east of the wall.
- Use a hammer on the wooden boards and enter the cave.
- Use your soft clay on the tomb to make a rod mould.
- Go to any furnace with your mould, a silver bar, a mithril bar and a sapphire, and craft a silvthrill rod.
- Cast Lvl-1 Enchant on the rod.
- Use the rod on the well underneath the Paterdomus temple with a rope in your inventory.
- Return to the Burgh de Rott pub basement with the Rod of Ivandis (it must be in your inventory, not equipped), then speak to Veliaf.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- 2,000 Attack Attack experience
- 2,000 Strength Strength experience
- 2,000 Crafting Crafting experience
- 2,000 Defence Defence experience
- Access to the Temple Trekking minigame
- Gadderhammer (after killing Gadderanks)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of In Aid of the Myreque is required for the following: