Early training: Quests[edit | edit source]
Early levels can be skipped by completing quests rewarding Magic experience. The following quests have minimal requirements and reward enough experience to get to level 17 Magic, unlocking fire strike.
- Imp Catcher rewards 875 Magic experience
- Witch's Potion rewards 325 Magic experience
- The Grand Tree rewards 2,150 Magic experience
Fastest experience[edit | edit source]
Levels 1–99: Strike spells[edit | edit source]
Casting combat spells at early levels can be a good way to train Magic, Hitpoints, and optionally, Defence. While expensive, splashing does not require a lot of attention and early on provides decent AFK experience.
Use the best strike spells available. Their runes used are cheap and early on provide the most efficient damage per money spent. Use an elemental staff, purchasable from Zaff's Staffs. Early money for runes can be obtained by collecting the 10,000 coins from the Stronghold of Security, subduing Wintertodt, training Thieving or doing Agility Pyramid.
- Kill ammonite crabs on Fossil Island or sand crabs in Hosidius for a minimal attention method at the cost of runes.
- Safespot a Zamorak warrior in the Ourania Cave for a rune scimitar for melee training.
- Safespot blue dragons in the Taverley Dungeon for dragon bones for Prayer training.
- For non-hardcore ironmen, kill lava dragons in the deep Wilderness for lava dragon bones and rune item drops. Food and energy potions ( 26 ) are recommended because there are player killers here often.
- Kill twisted banshees in the Catacombs of Kourend for their alchables, herbs, herb seeds and pure essence.
Levels 43–55: Superheating[edit | edit source]
From level 43 to 55, cast Superheat Item to make gold ore into gold bars, or iron ore into iron bars for both Magic and Smithing experience. This requires a significant number of nature runes and is very expensive.
Levels 55–99: Bursting, bossing and slaying[edit | edit source]
At higher levels, Magic experience is gained passively from using burst and barrage spells on various Slayer tasks, teleport spells, using reanimation spells, casting High Level Alchemy on profitable or valuable items, and killing bosses like Kraken and Zulrah.
Other methods[edit | edit source]
Early training: Arceuus Library[edit | edit source]
At lower levels, find books for the customers in the Arceuus Library. Each book turned in grants 11 times your current Magic level in experience. This requires marking and tracking the locations of books. Collect as many books as possible and turn them in by speaking with the customers. Keep talking to the customers until they request a book not currently in your possession and recollect books along the way.
Up to 60,000 Magic experience per hour can be attained at around levels 20–40 using this method for no cost. This can be one of the fastest methods of gaining free Magic experience.
Level 55+: High Level Alchemy[edit | edit source]
Level 33+: Mage Training Arena[edit | edit source]
Through the process of getting Bones to Peaches from Mage Training Arena up to 127,000 Magic experience can be earned. Start this minigame at 33 Magic with Telekinetic Grab until level 55 Magic, for High Level Alchemy at the Enchanting Chamber. For the other rooms available in the minigame, players can use different enchanting spells, Bones to Bananas, and Bones to Peaches to train and gain points in the respective rooms.
Optionally, continue to obtain infinity boots, a master wand, or mage's book too. At least 57 Magic is recommended for the Enchanting Chamber, for the Lvl-4 Enchant spell, though level 68 Magic for the Lvl-5 Enchant is better. This requires a sizeable amount of law, nature and cosmic runes. It should be noted that after level 68, you can effectively train magic for free with a Mud battlestaff as Lvl-5 Enchant grants a base of 5 enchantment pizzaz points when enchanting any shape within the Enchanters playground. These can be redeemed for 1 cosmic rune, making the cost to the player a net zero runes. This can be done at level 87 with Lvl-6 Enchant with a Lava battlestaff for better experience rates.
Commonly used magic shops[edit | edit source]
- For elemental, chaos and death runes: Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim, Aubury's Rune Shop in Varrock, and Void Knight Magic Store in Void Knights' Outpost.
- Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop in the Mage Arena, accessible without any requirements, is one of the few rune shops that also sells law, nature and cosmic runes. However, it is risky for hardcore and ultimate ironmen due to travelling through the Wilderness.
- Ali Morrisane in Al Kharid also sells law, nature and cosmic runes, though at a lower stock and a higher price than Lundail. However, it is safe for hardcore and ultimate ironmen. Unlocking the rune shop requires completion of The Feud quest and doing the runes section of Rogue Trader. The shop also buys runes at a set price, unlike in other shops.
- Wizards' Guild in Yanille sells all runes except cosmic runes, astral runes, combination runes, and wrath runes. Level 66 Magic and completion of The Hand in the Sand is required to access it.
- Baba Yaga's Magic Shop on Lunar Isle is the only shop that sells astral runes. Accessible after the Lunar Diplomacy quest.
- Amlodd's Magical Supplies in Prifddinas sells cosmic runes in large quantities. Completion of the Song of the Elves quest is required to access this shop.
|Ultimate Ironman Guides|