Early training: Quests[edit | edit source]
Early levels can be skipped by completing quests rewarding Magic experience. The following quests have minimal requirements and reward enough experience to get to level 17 magic, unlocking fire strike.
Fastest experience[edit | edit source]
Levels 1–99: Strike spells[edit | edit source]
AFK combat training on your phone when you’re otherwise not playing (0 time) can be greatly beneficial to training Magic.
Cast strike spells on various monsters and quest bosses for the early levels. Players can make the money for the runes by collecting the 10,000 coins from the Stronghold of Security, subduing Wintertodt, training Thieving or doing Agility Pyramid.
- If Prayer experience is desired early on, safespot blue dragons in the Taverley Dungeon for dragon bones. Alternatively, killing lava dragons located in the deep Wilderness is viable as players will profit every trip as the dragons drop rune items frequently. It is also recommended to bring food and energy potions (if the required Herblore level is achieved) as this is a hotspot for low-level player killers.
- If a rune scimitar is desired for early melee training, safespot a Zamorak warrior in the Ourania Cave near the entrance.
- Killing Twisted Banshees in the Catacombs of Kourend is also a viable option, as they drop alchables, herbs, herb seeds and pure essence.
- Killing Ammonite Crabs on Fossil Island or Sand Crabs in Hosidius is also an option. They require minimal attention, but have no significant drops to cover the cost of runes.
Levels 43–55: Superheating[edit | edit source]
From level 43 to 55, cast Superheat Item to make gold ore into gold bars, or iron ore into iron bars for both Magic and Smithing experience. This requires a significant number of nature runes and is very expensive, however.
Levels 55–99: Bursting, bossing and slaying[edit | edit source]
At higher levels, Magic experience is gained passively from using burst/barrage spells on various Slayer tasks, teleporting, casting High Level Alchemy, using lunar spells, reanimating ensouled heads, killing Zulrah, etc.
Other methods[edit | edit source]
Early training: Arceuus Library[edit | edit source]
Another training option for lower levels is to find books for the customers in the Arceuus Library. Each book turned in grants 11 times the current Magic level in experience. This requires marking the locations of books. Collect as many books as possible, and turn them in by speaking with the customers. Keep talking to the customers until they request a book not possessed and pick up all the books found along the way. Players can gain up to 30,000 free Magic experience per hour at around level 45 using this method. If done correctly, this can be one of the fastest methods of gaining free Magic experience.
Level 55+: High Level Alchemy[edit | edit source]
At level 55, cast High Level Alchemy on various items, such as unstrung maple longbows (maple logs can be obtained from Managing Miscellania), gold bracelets or gold bars, battlestaves and monster drops.
Level 33+: Mage Training Arena[edit | edit source]
You'll get around 127k magic xp getting Bones to Peaches from MTA. You can start this at 33 and do telekinetic grab until 55 for alching then enchant and graveyard etc.
Some Magic experience can also be gained in the Mage Training Arena when unlocking Bones to Peaches. Players may also want to obtain infinity boots, and optionally a master wand and mage's book too. It is recommended to have at least level 57 Magic for the Lvl-4 Enchant spell (preferably level 68 Magic for the Lvl-5 Enchant) before doing the enchantment room. This will require a sizable amount of nature, cosmic and law runes, however.
Commonly used magic shops[edit | edit source]
- Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim, Aubury's Rune Shop in Varrock and Void Knight Magic Store in Void Knights' Outpost all sell elemental, chaos and death runes.
- Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop in the Mage Arena. This shop is one of the few rune shops that also sells law, nature and cosmic runes, and the only one accessible without any requirements. However, it is also risky for Hardcore and Ultimate Ironmen as players will have to traverse in deep Wilderness to get to the Mage Arena bank.
- Ali Morrisane also sells law, nature and cosmic runes, though at a lower stock and a higher price than Lundail. However, it is also safe for Hardcore and Ultimate Ironmen. Unlocking the rune shop requires completion of The Feud quest and doing runes section of Rogue Trader. The shop also buys runes at a set price, unlike in other shops.
- Wizards' Guild in Yanille. Accessing the magic shop requires level 66 Magic to enter the guild and completion of The Hand in the Sand quest.
- Baba Yaga's Magic Shop on the Lunar Isle is the only shop that sells astral runes. It is recommended to only buy astral runes from here, as the other runes are more expensive from this shop compared to other shops.
- Amlodd's Magical Supplies in Prifddinas. This shop most notably sells cosmic runes in large quantities. Completion of Song of the Elves is required to access this shop. Like Baba Yaga's Magic Shop, it is recommended to only buy cosmic runes here, since the other runes are more expensive compared to other shops.
|Ultimate Ironman Guides|