Isle of Souls
|Isle of Souls|
|Released||9 December 2020 (Update)|
|Also called||Soul Wars Island|
|Music||The Waiting Game, Doorways|
The Isle of Souls is an island located in the Western Sea, west of Feldip Hills. It is where the Soul Wars minigame takes place. The island is only accessible by a portal near the Edgeville ruins or the Ferox Enclave Dungeon.
The island was once the site of a battle during the God Wars; the Armadylean soldiers that were sent there were tasked to claim and protect an unknown artefact, but it was claimed by Bandos, who appeared to have used it to destroy them, as well as his own army. This resulted in some becoming Ancient Ghosts, unable to move on to the next world. It is believed the artefact they were seeking was the "Soul Stone", which may have been eventually used by Nomad to build the Soul Obelisk.
Dungeon[edit | edit source]
On the east side of the island, one can find the entrance to the Isle of Souls Dungeon, where several slayer monsters can be found, as well as a chest that can be looted for a chance of a dark key. Two adamant and a rune rock may also be found here. Near the blue dragons in the dungeon, six blue dragon scale spawns can be found- there are four blue dragons and 2 Baby Blue Dragons.
Cannons are able to be used in this dungeon.
The Crumbling Tower[edit | edit source]
In the basement of the Crumbling Tower, the Dark Chest can be found, which can be opened with a dark key. In the basement, several spiders can be found, and several level 20 Forgotten Souls haunt each of the higher floors.
Resources[edit | edit source]
There are several resources spread throughout the island. It should be noted that the only bank and deposit box in the area are found in the Soul Wars Lobby, which is very far away from most of the resources.
- To the south-east, there is a maple grove with 14 maple trees.
- Several yews can be found on the isle; 6 are located on the south-west side of the island, and another 4 can be found on the north side.
- Some teak and mahogany trees can be found near the north coast of the island.
- On the south side of the island, a mine is located where players can find clay, copper, tin, iron, silver, gold, coal and mithril rocks. This mine also contains a spot where three adjacent iron rocks can be mined.
- On the south-western coast of the island, some net/bait fishing spots can be found.
- On the eastern coast of the island, there are several net/harpoon fishing spots.
- On the north-eastern side of the island there are some cage/harpoon fishing spots.
- A small flax field is located near the teak and mahogany trees on the north side of the island.
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Scattered across the island are several spawns points for items. These items are:
- Big fishing net
- Lobster pot
- Pestle and mortar
- Box trap
- Bird snare
- Small fishing net
- Fishing rod
- Fly fishing rod
- Bronze pickaxe
- Leather gloves
- 17 Seaweed spawns.
NPCs and monsters[edit | edit source]
The island features many different types of creatures. Attackable monsters include rabbits, birds, cows, imps, chickens, sand crabs, unicorns, moss giants, pyrefiends and pyrelords, as well as some rats.
The island features several hunting areas. On the north side of the island, players may attempt to catch copper longtails, with grey chinchompas being located to the north-west. On the south-west side of the island, near the broken potter's wheel, some crimson swifts may be found.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Spinning wheel[edit | edit source]
At the north of the island there is a Broken Spinning Wheel. Players can repair it at level 5 Construction with a hammer, 5 planks, 1 ball of wool and 1 iron bar and receive 200 construction xp. Players can use temporary skill boosts to build this.
Potter's wheel[edit | edit source]
At the south-west of the island there is a Broken Potter's Wheel. Players can repair it at level 2 Construction with a hammer, 2 planks, 1 soft clay and 1 iron bar and receive 150 construction xp. Players can use temporary skill boosts to build this.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The lobby for Soul Wars. The rest of the island can only be accessed from here.
The entrance to the Isle of Souls Dungeon.
A forest burnt down by pyrefiends.
The Crumbling Tower.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|3 February 2021
(update | poll)
The area is now accessible by players.
|9 December 2020
The area was added to the game, albeit inaccessible.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The RuneScape version of the island is noticeably featureless beside the Soul Wars area compared to the Old School remake.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ancient Ghost, Old School RuneScape. "We [aviantese] were here to claim something. To protect it. But everything else is unclear."
- Ancient Ghost, Old School RuneScape. "Big High War God use the shiny to kill the chickens! Now we clear up the rest!"
- Player, Old School RuneScape. "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think this 'shiny' might have killed you as well."
- Zimberfizz, Old School RuneScape. "I saw [Nomad] build [the Soul Obelisk] with me own eyes. I were the one who 'ad to carry his materials to this island!"
|Locations and scenery|