|Released||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||• Looks scared to see me.|
• Needs cream.....
• Doesn't look so tough...
• There's always room for jelly.
|Attack style||Magical melee|
|Respawn time||15 ticks (9 seconds)|
|Slayer XP||75 xp|
These monsters attack with a magic-based melee attack; therefore high magic defence armour, such as dragonhide is effective against their attacks. However, Protect from Melee will prevent all damage from them. Players may Pray Flick if the cost of prayer potions seems too high.
They can be safespotted by using either side of the rockfall in the northern part of the cave, which the Jellies will not wander away from. It is also possible to safespot them by standing on the corner of the rocks in the western section of the chamber or from behind the stones in the hallway south of the Jelly chamber.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||78||10||Maplink|
|Wilderness Slayer Cave||78||9||Maplink|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Killing jellies is simple, and no particular strategy is required.
- Metallic armours and other armours with low magic defence are not advised, as jellies use a magic-based melee attack. Dragonhide armour should be considered instead.
- The best safespot to use is on either side of the rockfall in the northern part of the cave, although the jellies may need to be lured into position. There is also a safespot on the north wall near the hallway you enter the room from. The safespot may be difficult to use due to the jelly's unusual route mechanic.
- It is a good idea to bring high-level alchemy spells for the drops.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 237,836 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Jelly kill is worth 2,400.39.
The average Jelly kill while on a Konar task is worth 3,122.15.
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Steel 2h sword||1||7/128||350||600|
|Rune full helm||1||1/128||20,435||21,120|
Coins[edit | edit source]
The overall chance of rolling a coin drop is 88/128 with an average value of 96.
Other[edit | edit source]
Gem drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 4/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/64.12; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/128; 1/65[d 2]||363||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/256; 1/130[d 2]||557||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/512; 1/260[d 2]||1,194||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/1,365.33; 1/693.33[d 2]||100||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/2,048; 1/1,040[d 2]||2,846||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 2]||9,430||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 2]||10,962||60|
|Rune javelin||5||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 2]||880||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||1/65,536; 1/3,900[d 2][d 3]||11,854||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/131,072; 1/7,800[d 2][d 3]||65,090||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/174,762.67; 1/10,400[d 2][d 3]||37,650||37,440|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/128[d 1]||Not sold||12|
|Brimstone key||1||1/156[d 2]||Not sold||N/A|
Wilderness Slayer tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Larran's key||1||1/87||Not sold||54|
Wilderness Slayer Cave tertiary[edit | edit source]
There is approximately a 59/100 chance of rolling the Wilderness Slayer Cave drop table, which includes various items available from Justine's stuff for the Last Shopper Standing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text, "There's always room for jelly," is a reference to the Jell-O advertising slogan, "There's always room for Jell-O."
- Jellies' drops are similar to the drops from a Greater demon.
References[edit | edit source]