|Jungle Potion (#39)|
|Released||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Tytn H|
Jungle Potion is a short quest taking place on Karamja. It involves gathering a handful of different herbs for Trufitus Shakaya, in order for him to perform a ritual to communicate with the island's gods.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Trufitus near Tai Bwo Wannai.|
|Description||Trufitus Shakaya of the Tai Bwo Wannai Village requires that you collect five special jungle herbs for a potion so he can commune with his Gods.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Talk to Trufitus, found in a small house north-east of the main village area. Ask him where everyone is, and he says that they've left the village.
- Note: You cannot collect all of the herbs at once. You will need to go back to talk with Trufitus each time.
Snake Weed (Green Square)[edit | edit source]
The first herb is called snake weed.
Head south-west of the village near the ocean and find Marshy Jungle Vine. Search it to get a grimy snake weed (might take 1–5 minutes, with increased speed with higher Herblore). Clean the herb and give it to Trufitus.
- Note: If you intend to do Legends' Quest and Zogre Flesh Eaters, take three snake weeds to save yourself time later.
Ardrigal (Orange Square)[edit | edit source]
Level 46 Harpie Bug Swarms will attack you the entire time you're searching for the herb and can easily kill an unwary lower leveled player.
- Note: If you intend to do Legends' Quest, take two ardrigals to save yourself time later, three for long path.
Sito Foil (Cyan Square)[edit | edit source]
Volencia Moss (Yellow Square)[edit | edit source]
- Note: If you intend to do Fairytale I - Growing Pains take an extra Volencia Moss as you may need one for the quest.
Rogue's Purse (Red Square)[edit | edit source]
Rogue's purse can be found north of the village. Head north-east towards where you found the Ardrigal. Once you find the end of the cliffs, follow the coastline west until you find a pile of searchable rocks. Search them and enter the cave. Once inside the cave, run south past the level 53 Jogres until you find a Fungus covered Cavern wall. Search it until you find the grimy rogue's purse.(may take 1-5 mins)
note: (optional) bring a spade to about 13-16 tiles north of cave entrance, dig around for clue hunter outfit piece.
- Warning: Jogres are aggressive, be wary if you have low defence or hitpoints.
- Note: Consider collecting an extra rogue's purse if you plan on completing Zogre Flesh Eaters to save the extra trip.
- Note: Killing a Jogre in this dungeon is a task for the Karamja Easy Diary.
Return to Trufitus with the final cleaned herb.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Jungle Potion is required for the following:
- My Arm's Big Adventure - To work in the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame during the quest
- Shilo Village
- Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
- Zogre Flesh Eaters
- Several tasks in the Karamja Diary
- Fairytale I - Growing Pains (For ironmen asked to obtain Proboscis or Volencia moss)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Doing this quest immediately after the "Druidic Ritual" quest will get you to 1,037 Herblore experience and level 9 Herblore (and 117 Herblore experience away from level 10 Herblore).
- After completing the quest, players can cash in additional cleaned herbs for a small amount of coins.