Justiciar armour (pronounced "jus-TISH-er") is a set of armour requiring 75 Defence to equip. The armour belonged to the Saradominist Justiciars, an elite group of warriors active during the God Wars and most notably in the defence of Hallowvale against the vampyre forces of Lord Drakan. After their defeat, their armour was claimed as trophies by the vampyres and came into the possession of Verzik Vitur. The set can only be obtained as rare drops from the Theatre of Blood. It is the best armour in RuneScape to provide Melee and Ranged defence bonuses, as well as having a damage-reducing set effect. The justiciar armour also provides a significant amount of Prayer bonus. However, it has very high penalties for Magic and Ranged accuracy.
When the full set of Justiciar armour is equipped, the player gains a set effect: all combat damage taken is reduced (except in PvP). The exact formula for the amount of damage reduced is , where bonus is the player's defence bonus for that particular style. For example, if an enemy was using a crush style attack, and the player has a crush defence bonus of +450, then 15% of the damage (450/3,000) is reduced. The set effect always reduces incoming damage by a minimum of 1. The set effect stacks with the elysian spirit shield's passive effect as well.
The armour can be stored in the armour case of a player-owned house costume room.
The set pieces count as Saradominist items in both the normal and Wilderness God Wars Dungeons.
- Design A from the design poll can be seen within Verzik Vitur's throne room within the Theatre of Blood.
- Despite being metallic, the armour is compatible with Ava's devices.
- The Justiciar design resembles the helms of the Seven Priestly Warriors, as seen in the Varrock museum. However, the Seven Priestly Warriors fought during the year 1200 of the Fourth Age, and based on the account of the turncloak, it is doubtful that the Justiciar order survived the God Wars.
- Based on the statues found in the Hallowed Sepulchre and the dialogue and appearance of the ghostly knights encountered in its lobby, the Justiciar set of armour obtainable from the Theatre of Blood appears to be the armour of the Justiciar of the Wolf, who died long before the vampyre conflict reached Hallowvale. This would imply that Lady Verzik looted the tomb of the already dead Justiciar.
- The Inquisitor's armour belonged to Phosani, formerly the Justiciar of the Lion; the difference in appearance between the armours is due to her change in allegiance in favor of Zamorak.
- According to some dialogue with Vanescula Drakan during Sins of the Father, it is revealed that Lady Verzik and Ranis Drakan tortured one of Queen Efaritay's Justiciars for information that would lead to a successful kidnapping of King Ascertes. After getting the information they needed, they killed the Justiciar, and it is likely that Lady Verzik kept the armour as a trophy, which could offer a canon explanation as to how she acquired the two sets of Justiciar armour present in her treasure room. Since the Design A armour described and pictured above is not depicted on any of the statues of the four known Justiciars, it is possible that more than four Justiciars exist or once existed.