K'ril Tsutsaroth (pronounced "KRILL TUTT-zuh-roth") is the boss of the Zamorak Fortress in the God Wars Dungeon. To gain access to his chamber, players must have slain 40 Zamorakians throughout the dungeon. He uses melee and magic attacks, and can occasionally negate the Protect from Melee prayer should players attempt to use it.
He is typically killed on a Slayer task; K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task and thus allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a Black mask or Slayer helmet. As a demon, he is also susceptible to Arclight's passive effect.
K'ril is the least popular of all of the God Wars bosses, as his unique drops (namely the Zamorak hilt) do not have as much value compared to the other generals. A trip is also more tedious; his prayer smashes can quickly drain a tanking player's supplies and players cannot use bones to peaches tabs to extend their trip as he and his bodyguards all drop ashes.
A group of players fighting K'ril Tsutsaroth and his bodyguards.
Like other God Wars Dungeon bosses, K'ril roams around a rectangular room with his bodyguards until a player enters, attacking them on sight. He attacks primarily with melee and magic (which has a minimum hit of 10 should it successfully hit the player), and his bodyguards use a different combat style each. He may also use a magic-based attack that drains the player's Prayer points as well as dealing high damage. If all players leave, his health and stats will be reset.
Drop rates estimated based on 15,111 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
The average K'ril Tsutsaroth kill, including its unique drops, is worth 156,958. Excluding the unique drops, the average kill is worth 16,289. Furthermore killing the three minions yields an additional 16,061 on average (including uniques), bringing the total to 173,019 per kill.
|Staff of the dead||1||1/508||7,189,974||600,003|
|Godsword shard 1||1||1/762[d 1]||158,486||150,000|
|Godsword shard 2||1||1/762[d 1]||162,053||150,000|
|Godsword shard 3||1||1/762[d 1]||161,958||150,000|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The drop rate is 1/762 for a specific Godsword Shard piece, or 1/254 for any piece.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Super attack and Super strength potions are always dropped together.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Super restore potions and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
|Grimy lantadyme||10 (noted)||8/127||14,890||130|
- ↑ Coins come from rolls on all loot tables, including the unique table, GDT and RDT.
There is a 8/127 chance of rolling the God Wars Dungeon-variant rare drop table and a 2/127 chance of rolling the God Wars Dungeon-variant gem drop table. This table differs from the regular rare drop table and gem drop table in a few ways. This table is unaffected by the Ring of wealth. The Runite bar drop is replaced by a Rune sword. The quantity range of some items differs. All empty rolls (1/2.70) are replaced by a coin drop of 19,500-20,000; however the chance of rolling these coins is included in the monster's main drop table and is not displayed here for the sake of clarity.
|Loop half of key||1||1/94.93||10,113||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/99.58||9,244||60|
|Rune 2h sword||1||1/677.33||37,769||38,400|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/1,016||22,524||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||1/1,016||5,600||4,500|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/2,032||58,955||60,000|
|Shield left half||1||1/4,220.62||65,352||66,000|
|17 July 2014
(update | poll)
|Players can now receive a pet version of this boss after defeating it.
- K'ril was classified as a lesser demon during development. He was reclassified as a greater demon when the God Wars Dungeon was released on 17 October 2013.
- At Old School RuneScape's first birthday event, players could speak to K'ril Tsutsaroth, resulting in the following dialogue:
- K'ril: Human, I disconnected and lost my plastic plate of whatever food you call this. I want my items returned, now!
- Player: Woah hold on big fella' I can't do that.
- K'ril: Well then, I'll just unsubscribe from the dungeon and stop playing all together. Hrmph....
- Player: Oh please, you were never really a popular boss anyway. You had to be given extra drops just to incentivise people to find you. Even then, I doubt anyone would notice if you disappeared.
- K'ril: *growls* Enjoy the party... mortal.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 October 2018. Mod Ash: "Zilyana has a 10-20 attack and K'ril has a 10-30 attack."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 21 Feb 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "No, it's on K'ril only. 1/127."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 Nov 2018. (Archived from the original on 29 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's 127 for both, actually. Loot tables commonly use 128, but there's no particular reason for that number, and the GWD dev appears to have preferred 127."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 Mar 2016. (Archived from the original on 29 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "[does that mean SOTD/all other hilts are also 1/508?] Yeah, we kept them consistent."
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 28 Nov 2015. (Archived from the original on 26 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "There's a 1/254 chance of it deciding to give you a shard. So the chance of Shard 1 is 1/762, etc."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 23 September 2015. (Archived from the original on 26 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "2/127 to go to gems OR 8/127 to go to RDT, from where 20/128 goes to gems. On gems, 3/128 for the talisman."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 1 Feb 2019. (Archived from the original on 27 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "The GWD has its own version of the RDT, one that doesn't respond to rings of wealth as far as I remember."
- ↑ Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod JohnC's Twitter account. 1 Sep 2014. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod JohnC: "Godwars pet drop rates, all 4 are 1 in 5k. How (un)lucky have you been? Mole, KQ & KBD next week!"