|Released||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|Examine||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Max hit||30 (magic)|
49 (special attack)
|Attack style||Slash, Magic|
|Respawn time||150 ticks (90 seconds)|
|Slayer XP||350.5 xp|
|Category||Bosses, Greater Demons|
K'ril Tsutsaroth (pronounced "KRILL TUTT-zee-roth") is the boss of the Zamorak Fortress in the God Wars Dungeon. To gain access to his chamber, players must have slain 40 Zamorakians throughout the dungeon. He uses melee and magic attacks, and his special attack can occasionally hit through the Protect from Melee prayer should players attempt to use it.
He is typically killed on a Slayer task - K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon, and thus killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task and allows a player to take advantage of the damage boosting effects of a Black mask or Slayer helmet. As a demon, he is also susceptible to Arclight's passive effect.
Location[edit | edit source]
|God Wars Dungeon (Zamorak boss room)||650||1||Maplink|
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
Like other God Wars Dungeon bosses, K'ril roams around a rectangular room with his bodyguards until a player enters, attacking them on sight. He attacks with melee and magic, and if his target is praying Protect from Melee, he can use a devastating melee special attack that hits through prayer. The melee attack has a maximum hit of 46, the magic attack hits from 10-30 and the special attack hits from 35-49, as well as draining half of the player's current prayer points. The relative occurrences of the attacks are 2/3 for melee and 1/3 for magic. Barring a complex mechanic, K'ril will use his special on 1 in every 9 hits instead of a melee attack, which gives it an incidence of 2/27 in total. If all players leave, his health and stats will be reset.
Bodyguards[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 15,111 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average K'ril Tsutsaroth kill, including its unique drops, is worth 134,408.00. Excluding the unique drops, the average kill is worth 17,263.00. Furthermore killing the three minions yields an additional 13,495.00 on average (including uniques), bringing the total to 147,903.00 per kill.
100%[edit | edit source]
|Frozen key piece (zamorak)||1||Always[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
Uniques[edit | edit source]
|Staff of the dead||1||1/508||4,238,378||600,003|
|Godsword shard 1||1||1/762[d 1]||166,866||150,000|
|Godsword shard 2||1||1/762[d 1]||164,432||150,000|
|Godsword shard 3||1||1/762[d 1]||166,606||150,000|
- The drop rate is 1/762 for a specific Godsword Shard piece, or 1/254 for any piece.
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
Potions[edit | edit source]
|Super attack(3)||3||8/127[d 1]||426||324|
|Super strength(3)||3||8/127[d 1]||4,143||396|
|Super restore(3)||3||8/127[d 2]||36,387||432|
|Zamorak brew(3)||3||8/127[d 2]||8,580||315|
- Super attack and Super strength potions are always dropped together.
- Super restore potions and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
Other[edit | edit source]
|Grimy lantadyme||10 (noted)||8/127||14,230||130|
- Coins come from rolls on all loot tables, including the unique table, GDT and RDT.
Rare drop table[edit | edit source]
There is an 8/127 chance of rolling the God Wars Dungeon-variant rare drop table and a 2/127 chance of rolling the God Wars Dungeon-variant gem drop table. This table differs from the regular rare drop table and gem drop table in a few ways. This table is unaffected by the Ring of wealth. The Runite bar drop is replaced by a Rune sword. The quantity range of some items differs. All empty rolls (1/2.70) are replaced by a coin drop of 19,500-20,000; however the chance of rolling these coins is included in the monster's main drop table and is not displayed here for the sake of clarity.
|Loop half of key||1||1/94.93||10,179||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/99.58||9,951||60|
|Rune 2h sword||1||1/677.33||37,914||38,400|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/1,016||22,456||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||1/1,016||6,000||4,500|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/2,032||58,976||60,000|
|Shield left half||1||1/4,220.62||65,109||66,000|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Brimstone key||1||1/50[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/250[d 2]||Not sold||12|
|Pet k'ril tsutsaroth||1||1/5,000||Not sold||N/A|
Combat Achievements[edit | edit source]
The following Combat Achievement tasks involve K'ril Tsutsaroth.
|K'ril Tsutsaroth Adept||Kill K'ril Tsutsaroth 50 times.||Hard||Kill count|
|Yarr No More||Receive kill-credit for K'ril Tsutsaroth without him using his special attack.||Hard||Mechanical|
|Demonic Showdown||Finish off K'ril Tsutsaroth whilst all of his bodyguards are dead.||Hard||Mechanical|
|Demonbane Weaponry II||Finish off K'ril Tsutsaroth with a demonbane weapon.||Hard||Restriction|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth Veteran||Kill K'ril Tsutsaroth 100 times.||Elite||Kill count|
|The Bane of Demons||Defeat K'ril Tsutsaroth in a privately rented instance using only demonbane spells.||Elite||Mechanical|
|Demonic Defence||Kill K'ril Tsutsaroth in a privately rented instance without taking any of his melee hits.||Elite||Perfection|
|Demon Whisperer||Kill K'ril Tsutsaroth in a privately rented instance without ever being hit by his bodyguards.||Grandmaster||Perfection|
|Ash Collector||Kill K'ril Tsutsaroth 20 times in a privately rented instance without leaving the room.||Grandmaster||Stamina|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|16 June 2021
(update | poll)
K'ril Tsutsaroth now drops infernal ashes in place of regular ashes.
|13 January 2021
Ironmen now have their own shared instance for each God Wars Dungeon general. The "Peek" option on doors will now tell players how many players are in the ironman instance. Ironmen can also observe the brazier outside the room to check if the shared ironman instance is empty. If the brazier is lit the instance is in use.
|25 June 2015
(update | poll)
Added a 'peek' option to the entrance of this boss, allowing players to see the number of other players currently in the boss room.
|17 July 2014
(update | poll)
Players can now receive a pet version of this boss after defeating it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- K'ril was classified as a lesser demon during development. He was reclassified as a greater demon when the God Wars Dungeon was released on 17 October 2013.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Pronunciation Guide. (Archived from the original on 2016-07-31.)*
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 October 2018. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Zilyana has a 10-20 attack and K'ril has a 10-30 attack."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Its damage is random, 35-49 inclusive, even distribution across those numbers."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "The melee one looks more like a 2/3 to me, from the code, but the enraged attack would be part of that too, so it'd be less than 2/3 in practice."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 21 February 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 March 2019.) Mod Ash: "No, it's on K'ril only. 1/127."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 November 2018. (Archived from the original on 29 March 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's 127 for both, actually. Loot tables commonly use 128, but there's no particular reason for that number, and the GWD dev appears to have preferred 127."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 March 2016. (Archived from the original on 29 March 2019.) Mod Ash: "[does that mean SOTD/all other hilts are also 1/508?] Yeah, we kept them consistent."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 28 November 2015. (Archived from the original on 26 March 2019.) Mod Ash: "There's a 1/254 chance of it deciding to give you a shard. So the chance of Shard 1 is 1/762, etc."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 23 September 2015. (Archived from the original on 26 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "2/127 to go to gems OR 8/127 to go to RDT, from where 20/128 goes to gems. On gems, 3/128 for the talisman."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 1 Feb 2019. (Archived from the original on 27 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "The GWD has its own version of the RDT, one that doesn't respond to rings of wealth as far as I remember."
- Envision. "Drop Rates V2." Old School RuneScape Forums.
- Jagex. Mod JohnC's Twitter account. 1 September 2014. (Archived from the original on 25 March 2019.) Mod JohnC: "Godwars pet drop rates, all 4 are 1 in 5k. How (un)lucky have you been? Mole, KQ & KBD next week!"
|God Wars Dungeon|