|Released||7 September 2004 (Update)|
|I don't think insect repellent will work...|
|Weakness||Crush attacks (1st form), Magic (2nd form), Keris|
|Attack style||Melee (stab), Ranged, Magic|
The Kalphite Queen (Kalphiscarabeinae pasha), also called the KQ, is the strongest of the Kalphites. The Kalphite Queen, along with dust devils and smoke devils, is notable for dropping the Dragon chainbody armour.
The Kalphite Queen is one of the toughest monsters in RuneScape. She can inflict large amounts of damage with her Ranged and Magic attacks as they always result in a successful hit. It is recommended for players to bring an emergency teleport such as an Ectophial or teleport tablet, or only bring items into the lair they are willing to lose.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Kalphite Queen resides in her lair south-west of the Shantay Pass. If you are lucky and fast, you can run from the Shantay Pass to the Kalphite Lair fast enough so that the desert heat does not affect you. Alternatively, the fairy ring BIQ can take you to right outside the Lair entrance. You will require a rope to enter the dungeon, which will be used in the process. A second rope is required to reach the lower level where Kalphite Queen resides. Completion of Desert Diary removes the need to bring ropes each time.
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
The Kalphite Queen has a combat level of 333. Each form has 255 Hitpoints, and her Ranged and Magic attacks have 100% accuracy. She may also use a decently accurate melee attack. The Queen has two forms: in the first, she is an immense scarab beetle, and in her second, a giant wasp. She switches forms only after the first has been fully defeated.
As a beetle, she is extremely resistant to Magic and Ranged attacks, as indicated by her overhead prayers. As a wasp, she is resistant to Melee attacks. Therefore, players should be prepared to use both Melee and Ranged or Magic.
Each of her attacks have a max hit of 31. Her Ranged attacks consists of her shooting barbed spines from her abdomen. If there are players close to the person being targeted with this attack they will also be hit, to avoid this players can stand on opposite sides of the Kalphite Queen. Her Magic attack bounces from player to player. Her Melee attack can also hit high, but is much less accurate than the Magic and Ranged attacks.
Drops[edit | edit source]
- The player will always receive two items from the Kalphite Queen's drop table: One from the regular drop table, and one from the Consumables table.
Consumables[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Monkfish 3 Common 1,155 Shark 2 Common 1,478 Super combat potion(2) 1 Common 4,703 Ranging potion(3) 1 Common 1,016 Superantipoison(2) 1 Common 276 Dark crab 2 Uncommon 2,568 Saradomin brew(4) 1 Uncommon 2,802 Super restore(4) 1 Uncommon 9,677 Prayer potion(4) 2 Uncommon 17,634
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon 29,636 Lava battlestaff 1 Uncommon 9,715 Red d'hide body 1 Uncommon 6,323 Rune knife(p++) 25 Uncommon 15,900 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Rare 83,390 Dragon chainbody 1 Rare (1/128) 907,212 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 132,853
Herbs[edit | edit source]
There is a 1 in 16 chance of rolling the herb table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy toadflax 25 (noted) Uncommon 31,750 Grimy ranarr weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 170,900 Grimy snapdragon 25 (noted) Rare 203,775 Grimy torstol 25 (noted) Rare 179,175
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 25 Uncommon 2,900 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 101,034 Magic seed 2 Uncommon (3/128) 279,968 Papaya tree seed 2 Rare 8,114 Palm tree seed 2 Rare 75,442
Runes/Ammunition[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Blood rune 100 Common 28,800 Mithril arrow 500 Common 16,000 Rune arrow 250 Uncommon 22,750 Death rune 150 Uncommon 33,300
Gems[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut ruby 25 (noted) Uncommon 34,900 Uncut emerald 25 (noted) Uncommon 19,975 Uncut diamond 25 (noted) Uncommon 73,200
Other[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Potato cactus 100 (noted) Common 98,200 Wine of zamorak 60 (noted) Common (10/128) 122,760 Ensouled kalphite head 1 Common (1/20) 2,541 Coins 15,000–20,000 Uncommon Not sold Runite bar 3 (noted) Uncommon 37,365 Magic logs 60 (noted) Uncommon 68,760 Grapes 100 (noted) Uncommon 12,600 Bucket of sand 100 (noted) Uncommon 5,800 Cactus spine 10 (noted) Uncommon 10,120 Gold ore 250 (noted) Uncommon 88,750 Weapon poison(++) 5 (noted) Uncommon 36,475 Brimstone key 1 Uncommon (1/53.4) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Kq head 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Jar of sand 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 865,698 Kalphite princess 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Kq head (tattered) 1 Always [A 1] Not sold
- Players will receive a Kq head (tattered) only on their 256th Kalphite Queen kill, or the first kill after its release if their kill count is above 256.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 12,123 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 9,506 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 634 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,455 Nature rune 67 Very rare 13,936 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,976 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,579 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 799 Law rune 45 Very rare 9,090 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,990 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,650 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,822 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,180 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,671 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 12,153 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,500 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,396 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,227 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,255 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,050 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,700 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Not sold Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,128 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,928 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 810
- The drop rate is increased when wearing a Ring of wealth.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Kalphite Queen was previously the only known entity able to use simultaneous overhead protection prayers.
- The Kalphite Queen's original drops were much worse, similar to the King Black Dragon's before their drop tables were updated due to player feedback.
- Prior to a poll, only the second form counted towards the damage needed to obtain drops after her death. This upset players as crashers would come when a player was on the second form, taking the drop from them with minimal effort. This has since been changed, and now players who did the most damage to both forms will obtain the drop.
- If the second form stays alive for a long period of time, it will revert back to the first form and retain the second form's remaining Hitpoints. When the first form is killed again, a second form with full health will emerge, akin to Vet'ion.
- If stat-draining special attacks are used on her first form, the stat reductions will carry over to the second form.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 3 June 2015.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 March 2016. Mod Ash: "10/128 for the wine, 8/128 for a herb."
- Only dropped if killed on a slayer assignment given by Konar quo Maten.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 8 May 2017. Mod Ash: "Yes [when the defence is lowered on KQ's first form it stays lowered on the second form], same with Vet'ion."
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|King Black Dragon||Strongest monster in RuneScape||TzTok-Jad|