|No. of Banks||4|
|No. of Altars||1|
|Inhabitants/Race||Human, lizardmen, Tasakaal, Kahlith|
The Kebos Lowlands are a region located just west of Great Kourend. First explored by the kingdom during the 36th decade (1,050 years ago), King Shayzien VII ordered an expedition to explore the Kebos Lowlands as part of a plan to expand the kingdom's territory. The expedition resulted in the discovery of Mount Quidamortem, and the death of the entire expedition.
King Shayzien VII would later use a small cave within the mountain to secretly create the lizardman army to rule Kourend as Xeric, and eventually return to the Kebos Lowlands after his exile 120 years later to create the Chambers of Xeric underneath the mountain.
Today, nearly 940 years after Xeric's exile, the region remains swarming with lizardmen, who have never ceased in their attempts to reclaim Kourend. Because of this, Shayzien had closed off the western border of the kingdom until recently, when the Shayzien army successfully pushed back the lizardmen, allowing citizens and adventurers alike to explore the Lowlands.
Recently, Hosidius farmers have discovered that the soil just north of the Kebos Swamp is extremely fertile, prompting them to build and maintain the Farming Guild. Because of this, Lord Shiro Shayzien assigned a detachment of Shayzien soldiers to protect the area from lizardmen.
Transportation[edit | edit source]
The Kebos Lowlands can be accessed by travelling through Shayziens' Wall in south-west Kourend or walking past the south-west corner of Lovakengj. The area can also be accessed by the following transportation methods:
- Casting Battlefront Teleport (Battlefront)
- Fairy ring (code CIR, Mount Karuulm)
- Farming spirit tree (Farming Guild)
- Lovakengj Minecart Network (Mount Quidamortem)
- Skills necklace (Farming Guild)
- Rada's blessing 3 or Rada's blessing 4 (Mount Karuulm)
- Xeric's talisman (Mount Quidamortem)
Quests[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
Battlefront[edit | edit source]
Molch[edit | edit source]
Farming Guild[edit | edit source]
The guild contains many farming patches, in addition to some exclusive to the guild.
Lake Molch[edit | edit source]
Lake Molch is a large lake found in the eastern side of the Lowlands, bordering Shayzien. Here, players can speak to Alry the Angler to engage in aerial fishing, a Fishing and Hunter training method where players can hunt for various fish and salamanders with a Cormorant, much like Falconry where players hunt kebbits with a gyr falcon.
Mount Karuulm[edit | edit source]
Mount Karuulm is a sulphurous volcano found on the northern edge of the Kebos Lowlands, and as such has lava that appears bluish due to the combination of sulphuric gases and lava. Here, the Tasakaal, a variation of the TzHaar race, make their home.
On the top of the volcano is the home of the Kahlith, former humans who have abandoned their previous lives in the name of the Tasakaal. Together, they work together to maintain the balance between life and death. Konar quo Maten, a slayer master, resides here.
A bank with a deposit box and poll booth can be found here, as well as a furnace and a weapon shop that sells some low-level weapons.
Mount Quidamortem[edit | edit source]
Mount Quidamortem, translated as "certain death" in Latin, is a large mountain towering over the surrounding Lizardman Settlement and Kebos Swamp. On the mountain's summit, the Chambers of Xeric, a large underground cave system containing many dangerous creatures, can be found. Mountain trolls can also be found below the mountain.
Lizardman Settlement[edit | edit source]
Lacerta Falls[edit | edit source]
A small waterfall found in the southern edge of the Lowlands, Lacerta Falls currently serve no purpose other than being scenery.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kebos, spelled in reverse, spells out Sobek. In ancient Egypt, Sobek is a deity associated with fertility (among other attributes), referencing the fertile land that the Farming Guild is built on.
- The name "Kebos Lowlands" was first displayed on the world map upon the release of Tale of the Righteous.
- In Gordon's farm, just south of the Farming Guild, there is a tractor labelled as "ancient machinery" in the barn next to the well, with the examine text stating Some form of ancient terraforming device, in need of repair. This is another tribute to Reddit user GentleTractor, who proposed a redesign of Zeah in a viral Reddit post.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Locations in Zeah